When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got the Super Avenger, I think it's way too big on me

dustindu4

Check out the size of this thing on my wrist......

breit1.jpg

breit2.jpg

Ha ha just kidding, that's my 1 year old wearing it. This is mine. Excuse the poor photo quality. I have 8.5" wrists and I had to adjust the bracelet smaller. I got extra links for nothing.

breit3.jpg

breit4.jpg

breit5.jpg

It's the 2009 Super Avenger from Andrew. From what I understand it's made by Noobfactory. The lume dots are a little off, don't care. What I found most disappointing was the quality of the ProII bracelet. The whole underside of the braclet is rough and not polished, not unexpected I guess. On the clasp right below where it says Breitling there's a divot or dimple stamped into the clasp on the visible side and it's not polished, it's rough. I guess you really don't see it, but still. The watch unit itself is really nice. I've worn it for a day and the bracelet is all scratched up already. The shiny finish is a scratch magnet. From 3 feet away the thing definately looks gen.

The QC photos said +/- 17 seconds. I asked Andrew to regulate it and he said he would. I set the watch 24 hours ago and it's about 45 seconds slow right now. I guess it wasn't regulated. Maybe its not charged enough, but not as accurate as my $200 Seiko. It was 7 seconds off after 12 hours. We'll see if that gets worse. I was afraid to wind it too much.

It's heavier that the gen I tried on 2 weeks ago I think. I weighed it in at 271 grams, I wonder how that matches up to the literature.

Edited by dustindu4

omg that watch looks normal on you :black_eye:

Its horribly huge on my 6.75-7 ish wrists

I don't know about you guys, but I reckon in another couple of months, that 1 year old might just be able to pull off that SA! That kid has got some serious wrists! :)

How accurate should these A7750 movements be? What are the options and cost to get more accurate time? What swiss movements are available?

Do some reading around here. You will find that the A7750's when serviced correctly, run just as good as the Swiss movements. Overall finish is not as good, but the Asian 7750's run just fine.

Oooff! Is that a tiled floor below where your kid is balancing the watch?!

Hey the SA looks good on your wrist. So what version is yours? I had a v2 once, and apart from the bracelet, I thought it was superbly made. Couldn't fault it

Wow, you are one of the few people who can wear that watch and not look like they strapped an alarm clock on their wrist. Wear that one well. :thumbsupsmileyanim: And yes those bracelets are scratch magnets. Although I don't own a Breitling with polished bracelet at the moment I was always too cheap to buy the beautful gen bracelet so I invariably ended up swapping onto a strap.

I would also say that I am a huge fan of putting Breitling on beautiful croc straps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oooff! Is that a tiled floor below where your kid is balancing the watch?!

Hey the SA looks good on your wrist. So what version is yours? I had a v2 once, and apart from the bracelet, I thought it was superbly made. Couldn't fault it

It's actually a vinyl floor that looks just like tile until you touch it.

From what I gather it's a Noobfactory v2. Pretty happy with it so far

I would also say that I am a huge fan of putting Breitling on beautiful croc straps. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Funny you say that, I've been thinking about a brown croc strap. Have any recommendations? I was nervous about the rep ones being cardboard like. Not looking to spend a lot either.

Was looking at these....

http://www.waccex.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=294_300&products_id=710