When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner

alterego

I'm looking for a sub. and I found what I want, suopplied by Puretime. Can someone post or PM me some opinion about product quality and dealer's feedback ?

Thank you much for your eventual commentsd.

I got the PT GWSD when it first came out and I've been very happy with the watch. I did some mods to it, gen crown and aftermarket tube, MBW great white dial, jmb retaining ring, a G-S T-39 crystal, and trimming of the cg's. Watch is WR and a great beater, all for around $400.

Here's a fuuzy pic of it

P1010106.jpg

Recently I've been looking at the white 1680 sub he has and may get it. These watches are OK for the beginner also, if you don't do the mods, it's still a decent rep out of the box. Although I would want to trim the cg's at the very least and maybe age the case some

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/vintage-white-submariner-1680/

The nice thing about these watches is that they have the low beat 2846-2 motor inside and the correct silver DW w/ correct flat top 3's and open 6's and 9's. But you might have to get the 2846-2 serviced, but that is the case with all rep movements as far as I'm concerned.

Thank yoi for your comments on the Sub from PT. Tha's a nice watch. From what you say I'd say that the man can be trusted.

Thank you again for your taking the time to write about the watch.

Regards