When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver bezel lume, application and colour

With the new AP Diver on it's way, I need some insight on the lume, namely these points:

1. What is the gen, C1 or C3? I am hoping C3 so I can use C3A+, the results will be amazing.

2. Are they all the same, ie C1 or C3 or do various models use different colours?

3. What part of the bezel is lumed, obviously the main numerals and markers, how about the small markers in the first 15 minutes, lumed or not?

4. Is it a matte finish on the bezel lume, or is it gloss like the IWC cousteau and slevin?

I should have something to show in a week or so, some of this may be obvious when the watch arrives, but some is open to interpretation so feedback would be nice.

Any and all feedbabck appreciated, I'll be sure to post the results when I am done.

Thanks everyone.

With the new AP Diver on it's way, I need some insight on the lume, namely these points:

1. What is the gen, C1 or C3? I am hoping C3 so I can use C3A+, the results will be amazing.

2. Are they all the same, ie C1 or C3 or do various models use different colours?

3. What part of the bezel is lumed, obviously the main numerals and markers, how about the small markers in the first 15 minutes, lumed or not?

4. Is it a matte finish on the bezel lume, or is it gloss like the IWC cousteau and slevin?

I should have something to show in a week or so, some of this may be obvious when the watch arrives, but some is open to interpretation so feedback would be nice.

Any and all feedbabck appreciated, I'll be sure to post the results when I am done.

Thanks everyone.

The Zigmeister:

My AP diver is on the way; as I'm prepare to relume it. I did the research of the lume for a while. Maybe I can provide so informations to share:

1.) I think the Gen is using C1 main, because I found the lume shot is white colour

2.) Dial, Hands & Bezel are SAME Colour

3.) Photos will be uploaded shortly

4.) it's matte finish on the bezel

I'm uploading the photos onto my photobucket; please wait for a moment & I'll post it in few minutes.

BTW, are you available to do the relume for me?

Best Regards,

raymond

The Zigmeister:

Here you go!

1.) seems the lume is mainly C1 white colour; but I'm not the expert. Maybe they're C1+C3...

009.jpg

Bezel lume are only 12' triangle & each 5 minutes Index. Not all marks had been lume

APDiverlumeshot.jpg

this is the close up shot on the bezel fonts, it's matte finish rather than gloss.

Mattefinished.jpg

Hope this could help! :)

Best Regards,

Raymond

I believe the AP Diver is the best thing in reps since DSSD :good:

Mine is on the way via the UK... :Jumpy:

- Such a beautiful piece. And envision owning an AP rep that actually works without mods. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

did you guys all order the rubber strap option? I have always liked bracelets on my watches, except a few. Was actually thinking about ordering the bracelet and then the rubber strap separately. what did you guys choose on the strap option?