When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Annoyance

Marv1n

Anyone else annoyed that religious winding of their Panerai is producing bezel swirls?

Is there a winding secret I'm not aware of (other than buying automatic Panerais)?

I love my 111H and wear her all the time, but winding this monster is increasing my reliance in Cape Cod cloths.

Anyone else annoyed that religious winding of their Panerai is producing bezel swirls?

Is there a winding secret I'm not aware of (other than buying automatic Panerais)?

I love my 111H and wear her all the time, but winding this monster is increasing my reliance in Cape Cod cloths.

If I understand the issue correctly, you could back the crown up the stem a hair so that it isn't quite flush with the case, and use loctite to secure it into place. I had to do this with a PAM to fix a floppy lever... until the new Palp crown arrives. :D

This is why I love these forums, there's an abundance of posts that make you giggle and laugh !

Marv1n & TmeShare - You guys must have some pretty rough fingertips... :D

I've had 6 Luminor 44mm manual winds for 2 years now, wear them in rotation, both Ti and S/S and never noticed nor had a problem with this...then again I may be a softie :brow:

cheers,

babola

after some time it will leave marks on the pvd coating for sure but i see know solution as it is only a coating.

your polished ss shouldn't be a problem as long as you hands and watch are clean when you start. the dirt is what scratches your watch.