When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to site and looking for quality Audemars Piguet rep

Susanm

Hi. I am new to the site and to the world of replica watches and I am feeling lost and overwhelmed. I'd really like to buy a quality replica Audemars Piguet for my son but I have no idea where to start and who is reputable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SusanM

Susan-

It is helpful to know what your budget and which model (or even size) you are looking to get for him. He is a lucky boy. :thumbsupsmileyanim: If you are thinking about the Offhsore's which are large watches than any of the trusted dealers listed here will have what you are looking for but they will run you close to $500 for the better ones. They can be bought for significantly less as well. So give us a little more detail on what you are looking for and folks will chime in.

Watchmeister, thanks for the quick response! I am happy to pay up for quality so anything under $750 works fine. As to size, he is going on 16 so he's ready for a hefty "man watch," maybe RO style. He would also love the Tour Auto style. And forgive the dumb question, but where exactly is this list of "trusted dealers?" I can't seem to find many direct references to dealers at all in my exploring so far.

He is lucky. Just kinda tough to pull off a AP at 16. IMHO

Reminds me of when I went to get gas the other day and the guy behind the counter looked 16 and had 3cu diamonds in each of his ears.

I believe a replica only looks real if it's plausible. To you and your son it's a replica of a $20,000 watch, to everyone else it's a kid with a weird looking $100 timex, and anyone that you're trying to fool knows better if you're not rolling up in a Bentley. So then at that point you're spending a lot of money just to fool yourself, and it's so hard to fool yourself when you know the truth.

He is lucky. Just kinda tough to pull off a AP at 16. IMHO

Actually if the kid is in one of the bigger cities or wealthier suburbs in the U.S. the Offshore is the "it" watch for wealthy teenagers these days. Seriously. My son certainly isn't in that category but I had a group of his friends over before they headed out for the evening about a week ago and there were two offshores - both rubber clad (one was actually gold rubber clad). And I know the difference between a rep and a gen. ;)

Actually if the kid is in one of the bigger cities or wealthier suburbs in the U.S. the Offshore is the "it" watch for wealthy teenagers these days. Seriously. My son certainly isn't in that category but I had a group of his friends over before they headed out for the evening about a week ago and there were two offshores - both rubber clad (one was actually gold rubber clad). And I know the difference between a rep and a gen. ;)

I agree, it all depends on the family wealth. If ur family drives toyotas and ur sporting a $16k watch something's wrong. But if u have the complete picture it can be done. Or he just says it's a canal St fake and laugh it off. Gave my nephew a genuine Navi-b and he loves it.

Hi. I am new to the site and to the world of replica watches and I am feeling lost and overwhelmed. I'd really like to buy a quality replica Audemars Piguet for my son but I have no idea where to start and who is reputable. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Susan - Do you care if the watch looks like a genuine AP or is a particular design feature more important (even if it looks fake)?

In the case of the former, I would take a trip to your local AP dealer/store (or website) & find a model that you (or your son) like. Then, peruse the recommended dealer listings here on RWG for a similar watch (I would start with Andrew (TrustyTime) & Joshua (PerfectClones)). Some of the dealers can often find models (based on a pic that you email to them) from their distributor or factory that they do not normally sell.

In the case of the latter, just look through the dealer websites & select whatever watch you like.

I would also recommend that you read the dealer's warranty/return policy, as they tend to vary by seller.

011-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

NOTE - I think it needs to be said that if you have upwards of $750 to spend, I would seriously consider a genuine (mechanical) watch like a Hamilton or Seiko. Spending more than $200-$300 on a rep, especially for a relatively young guy (& 1st rep purchase), may not be the wisest move or the most efficient use of your money. With a rep (regardless of the purchase price or seller), you are most likely getting a used/unserviced movement that will sooner rather than later require service. Whereas, with a gen watch, you have a new, properly working movement that is guaranteed to perform as advertised & it is relatively easy to get warranty repairs (without having to ship your watch back & forth to Asia).

If you decide to go with a rep, please read this 1st.

I agree, it all depends on the family wealth. If ur family drives toyotas and ur sporting a $16k watch something's wrong. But if u have the complete picture it can be done. Or he just says it's a canal St fake and laugh it off. Gave my nephew a genuine Navi-b and he loves it.

Good point. These kids didn't have cars....just drivers. And I am not referring to their parents. :lol:

I thank you all for your help. You have taught me so much and saved me from being ripped off. I have ordered a piece from Joshua. Great site guys!!

You certainly are a quick study! Congratulations to you on wading in and figuring out so much in less than a day.

If you end up with a mechanical chronograph watch, be aware that more than likely it will need professional servicing and that there are such professionals here on the Forums who can suit your needs. Don;t despair if it begins to malfunction within a few months. These are complicated machines and come from China with questionable assembly practices. A high quality servicing will set that all to rights, however, and set you on the path to years of trouble-free "watching."

Good luck with your AP!

Now, as an normal European guy this just seems strange. I dare to say that an 16y old boy with an AP on his wrist just look strange, rep or gen. Is it the same in the US? I have heard that bigger is better overthere.. but cmon..