When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Insert to get for a Noob Sub

triplehd

I parted with my WM9 Sub, not once, but twice, due to the lack of funds for other projects.

I have a noob that's my daily beater. I modded it with a new overlay - open 6 and 9 and a Clarks Crystal. Great date mag. One thing is that i can stand the insert on it. I tried sanding it down to get the recess look, but to no avail. Whats the best aftermarkt insert out there for the sub? I remember back in the day, it was a combo of jewelryloutlet insert & WM pearl. Is that still the case? Are WM inserts that bad?

Heck, I just put a WM pearl in the noob insert and it worked fine- just had to enlarge the pearl hole a little bit w/ an x-acto knife and glued the pearl in. When you get a JO insert, you have to file the edge to make it fit in the noob bezel and it helps to file the backside so it will sit lower in the bezel also. The JO insert has the old style 4 in 40 which is fine for an older sub, but the noob insert has the correct triangular 4 for a modern late model sub.