When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell & Ross ?

I recently purchased a BR 02 orange pro dial - I am wearing it right now - I like it more as I wear it more. I wore in pool and in ocean - it does appear to be waterproof to 30 meters as suggested (although I was nowhere near that deep).

No lume at all to speak of. - That would need redone if you want your watch to show up in the dark. Outside of that, it looks and works well.

1 quirk is if you reset date, when screwing down crown again date will flip one more day - so like I set it to 16 today, I put it to 15, tighten and it ends up indicating 16.

Keeps near perfect time (so far), second hand is smooth.

I am going to get it relumed before doing anything else (like getting a 2nd strap).

I decided to play it "safe" and go for a cheaper version from a place I've bought from before.

http://www.watcheden.net/bell-ross-br-instrument-diver-working-chronograph-pvd-case-with-black-dial-i-44462-p-1.html

If I really like it I may go for a more expensive version.

If it turns out to be a piece of crap I'll use it to practice on with my new toolkit I just ordered from Watch Bitz. :)

I had a 03 it was a very nice watch and regret selling it, cant comment on the 02's but you wont have lost a massive amount of $

p7173941.jpg

That does look nice. I'm a bit of a sucker though for things with lots of buttons and dials and stuff which is why I went for the 02.

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a BR 02 orange pro dial - I am wearing it right now - I like it more as I wear it more. I wore in pool and in ocean - it does appear to be waterproof to 30 meters as suggested (although I was nowhere near that deep).

No lume at all to speak of. - That would need redone if you want your watch to show up in the dark. Outside of that, it looks and works well.

1 quirk is if you reset date, when screwing down crown again date will flip one more day - so like I set it to 16 today, I put it to 15, tighten and it ends up indicating 16.

Keeps near perfect time (so far), second hand is smooth.

I am going to get it relumed before doing anything else (like getting a 2nd strap).

Can you please tell me where you bought this BR?

Thanks!

Hi Baryonic, id be interested in your feedback on watcheden, they have a chronoswiss rep im thinking about getting

Got this one from Watcheden recently.

wrist1.jpg

This was the 3rd watch I got from them. I found them easy to deal with, and the watches arrived in good time. So far I've had no problems and the latest one looks good and keeps excellent time. My suggestion would be to get one of their cheaper ones, $108 or $128, and see how it goes. Use the discount code and you $20 off that and it's free delivery. Cheap enough way to find out if you like them or not.

The BR03-92 has one flaw on the dial that I know of. I believe that it was copied from the BR01. The BR01 has two shortened minute markers between the 1 and 2 oclock, 4 and 6 oclock etc.. where the dial screws are. On the gen BR03-92, all of the minute markers are the same length, but the reps have the same shortened markers that is on the BR01. A very noticable tell if you know what to look for. I'd like to get a rep of the BR03-92 Heritage edition, because it doesn't HAVE any minute markers on the dial. Not sure if it's been repped though.

Edited by KrisOK
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I got a BR02 Instrument (Lite version with Asian movement) from Joshua this morning. It looks great and at first glance the lume looks good and strong on his version.

It#s good to hear from Pynchon that it is waterproof. I wasn;t sure about the He release valve and whether it might let water in.