When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Gen: 1969 Heuer Carrera Cal.11

lhooq

I wonder if the Carrera Cal 12 dial would fit a Poljot 3133 movement :g:

I think it could work, but I'm guessing you'd have to lop off the dial feet (as you would fitting a V7734 dial onto a P3133). Subdial spacing and date window position appear to be identical.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I read this thread more then 10 times already in the past years. It keeps inspiring me!

I completely missed this thread resurrection. Glad it's still being read! I still have the Carrera and I still love it. I just need a few hundred bucks so I can have it serviced by the Heuer master in Belgium.

Hi great looking watch but a bit of a silly question here...

How come the dial says automatic but the movement is a manual winding movement?

Not silly at all!  The Carrera is an automatic, but you've probably looked at the photos and asked, "Where's the rotor?" 

Cal. 12 is a micro-rotor movement, and this particular micro-rotor (which is half the diameter of a regular one) is located just above the balance co.ck and completely obscured by the chronograph bridge and a plate. 

• 5 months later...

Wow - what a stunning piece.I absolutely love it!!

I'm guessing that there are no reps available for these vintage Heuer watches?

I really like this one too: https://heuerville.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/heuer-1614-chonograph-french-made/

The originals are rarely available for sale and if they are, they are expensive.

Any reps around?

Thanks! 

The originals are rarely available for sale and if they are, they are expensive.

Any reps around?

It's weird, but the number of Heuers available for sale have dried up in just the past couple of years.  There used to be so many Autavias and Carreras to choose from, and now you're lucky to see more than a couple at any given time on eBay. 

As for reps, the closest you can get is the Jack Heuer Anniversary Edition, as shown in this thread: http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/171443-jack-heuer-80th-anniversary-carrera/

It's a quartz-powered rep that's based on the recent sorta-reissue.  What the OP's photos fail to capture is the pretty nice silver sunburst dial, so try to find other shots out there.  I know it's been in a couple of wrist-checks.

Thanks for the reference lhooq. They look interesting, but probably not enough to sway me into purchasing one.

A vintage gen watch is likely to be a decent investment, so I would actually guy a gen example (at the right price of course).

I noticed that yours has a black datewheel (with white numbers) - is this a deliberate mod or did they make some like this?

Edited by K12AN

I noticed that yours has a black datewheel (with white numbers) - is this a deliberate mod or did they make some like this?

Well spotted, but the interesting thing is that the datewheel is actually dark blue/gray--exactly the same shade as the bezel and registers.  As far as I know, mine is the only Carrera with a datewheel  of this color.

However, I'm not sure if this was the original configuration.  When I bought the watch, it had just been serviced by TAG Heuer in Japan, so it's possible that it's a recent modification.