When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM cases & dials in various stages of production

PeteM

I posted these on my last thread then thought it might be better to show these on a new thread... it underlines the stamping process followed by the CNC process that Mike talked about in that thread...

Thanks guys..... I wish i could take the credit for these great shots but it wasnt me but another guy (MW)

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I do think it highlights what M said previously about the quality between gen and rep especially if you do drop one !!

I think the dial make up is interesting as well especially topcoat... ;)

Well if you guys only want to debate where and when these pics are from.... then they were first posted on Risti... about 6 months before that blog... :)

Pete, for some reason your post is not about the H-factory 112/176/111M and the v2's of 177... It also seems like you've not tried fitting various straps to those new models while posting a separate thread with multiple photos for each instance you used your screwdriver. And to top it all off, you're not asking us to look at your dealer QC pics. What gives? Seriously, I don't understand your reasons for bring this topic up when it's clearly old news as others have duly noticed, moreover I have no point of reference to discuss this humdrum stuff. The worst part is - there's not nearly enough high-fiving going on to even warrant this post to begin with. It's like I don't know you anymore, m8...

I fully accept those criticisms mate !!! And I am guilty as charged....

One day when I have scrapped together enough of the necessary to buy a superb OTB rep please be sure ... I will post pics assuming I dont sell my camera to help fund it ! .... but I cannot promise to do those strap shots as I am the last on the screwdriver rota and my turn wont come round again till Xmas 2012... as I mentioned I am scraping together the necessary for one of those OTB beauties and I cannot afford the luxury of a strap changing tool...

As for QC pics... well the above answers that one... but rest assured they will be posted once I have them and with it will be the requisite questions.... Did I mention my search button tool was broken !! And as an aside what does OP mean?

I must admit I am reknowned for my hum drum stance on watches and although I note that point ... unfortunately I am not in a position to afford the medication to rid me of that dreadful afflication.... did I mention I was scrapping together the necessary to buy a great OTB rep?.....

When it comes to high fiving .... I once tried the 'Top Gun' high Five which ended in tragedy and a long spell in intensive care I havent been the same since and nor has the cat... but thats another story !!!

Of course you are right.... "I (You) dont know you anymore" .... there is a simple reason for that..... Its my time of the month.... not sure what time that is exactly as I still need a accurate OTB rep... though I am still trying to scrape together the necessary ... Did I mention that?? !!

Pete,

Until us pikeys scrape together the necessary for a proper big boy watch we'll just have to make do with what we have, I'm afraid. You with your poncy 217, and I with a decisively even more poncy 29, carrying our anorak cross until the day we scrape together the necessary...

P.S. I just thought of something, were you high-fiving the cat while wearing the 217?

You cant beat pouncing about in the old anorak .... though a mac can be just as good :);)

As I recall the 'National Inquirer' did a report a few years back on the 'Top Gun' High Five :) but its still too painful to recall ......

Buying a new OTB 328 from PC - $248 + shipping

Having a modder relume the dial and hands - $110

Having The Zigmeister work his movement magic - $150.

Reading the exchange between Wolf and Pete in the last 5 posts - PRICELESS

:p