When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronopassion V3

I picked up one of these here new-fangled AP Chronopassion V3s to test the waters and see how it wears.

The last AP I had from a few years back was quite top heavy and quite bulky; not my favorite...

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

The new Chronopassion however, while still quite large and quite a lot bigger than my usual Rolex stuff is actually quite easy to wear.

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6135.jpg

Polished bevel on the crownguards...

IMG_6139.jpg

And a wrist snap...

IMG_6121.jpg

It's definitely going to take some adjusting to, especially since my daily wearer has been my 36mm Dy-Date build, but it's not as awkward as I was expecting...

:)

I love mine as well....wears great, easy, comfortable....allthough its the same size as all other ROO´s, it wears smaller due to the combination of grey-is Titanium and the light weight!

Theo

P.S.: this watch also handles a lot of different straps from rubber to calf to croc...everything is possible.

• Like 1

Dave, you don't know what youre missing. These AP ROO chronos make it hard to wear any rep that doesn't have near perfect, Swiss level fit and finish on cases and dials... Had to stop wearing my v2 avenger and v1 steelfish after picking these up... Only wearing franken and gen PAMs after the AP ROOs got into my box...

Edited by Jurgenk

Knowing Ubi, neither is going anywhere ever. ;) It is interesting to see the differences. Those are clearly both V3's but the case lug bevel and finish is slightly different.

Sure... it LOOKS different. but i think that might more attributed to the lighting than anything.

Actually I was curious and asked him. The finish is a little different and the bevel is as well. At some level the overall finish may be a function of the level of oxidation on the original piece of ti. As for the bevel it may well have to do with the tolerances on the factory milling machines. In any case they are both gorgeous watches and the CP is probably my favorite rep this year. I have a v2 and even the finish on that one is fantastic. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have to say- As far as reps go, the Chronopassion is definitely high on my list. It's been a long time since I've purchased a rep (maybe close to 2 years), but I'm glad I went with this one (thanks watchmeister for the nudge in the right direction).

IMG_6313.jpg

Wow ubi,that looks great. Never have owned an AP rep myself,hmmm.... :g:

Dave- If you've not given one of these a try yet, it may be time :)