When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Discount from Josh - Perfect Clones for RWG?

kyle123

That's a good question.

You have to remember that we are here primarily to share information about watches and buying and selling experiences, to out scammers, and to shout the praises of people who do good work.

If we received discounts from a dealer, then we could no longer be neutral in our critique of his business. That would taint our process, so it can't happen.

You can always ask for a deal and offer to say good things about it publicly if it works out well, but we're not going to ask for a special "RWG discount".

Our board integrity demands that we separate ourselves as a board from those kinds of entanglements.

I've only bought about a hundred watches from Josh.

I talk to him like family, he always gives me great advice, he has always taken care of me after the sale in those few cases where I had a problem, but I don't expect him to cut his prices for me. Succinctly put, if Reps-R-Us offers WatchABCDE for $250 and Josh has the same spec watch for $270, it's worth the $20 to me even if I could know for sure that they were actually the exact same. With Josh, I have ALWAYS gotten what I paid for.

Can you tell the difference between a gen ETA and the Asian ETA copy? I cannnot but I know for sure that if Josh says it's a gen Swiss, I get a gen Swiss (Ziggy can damn sure tell!).

You buy enough reps from any source and you will have a problem. Let's say it's a $300 watch - even if you pay an extra $10/$20 a watch to know you have a dealer who stands behind what he sells, how many watches would you have to buy to cover the loss of that paperweight?

I'm not pushing Josh - he's just the guy I have chosen to deal with. I'm just saying that it seems smart to me to pick any of our reputable dealers and stick with them. When a guy has sold you a lot of watches, any reputable dealer will try to work with you. Buy a few here, buy a few there, and buy a few elsewhere -- it's just not the same thing, and you cannot reasonably expect the same thing.

Just my .02

Bill

I agree Josh is great to deal with and IMO probably the most knowledgeable dealer.

I've bought alot of stuff from him over the years too, but I have to say that recently he really has raised the prices alot.

It's not $20 anymore, I've seen differences of $100 compared to some of the cheaper dealers like Tony. It seems like the prices went

up after the DDOS attack, must have been $$$

• 11 months later...

Do you know of any issues with shipping to the uk? Cheers Tom

I replied to your question in your thread mate.... but no... no probs :)

Just remember there is always a risk in shipping even setting aside the rep part of it :)

Josh doesn't do discounts:

StoryOTB076_p188_JoshuaCommandsSunAndMoon.jpg

Thou shall not ever summon the audacity to ask for a discount!

/

Shipping is fine to the UK though, never an issue, the only potential problem at the moment is all packages from everywhere are receiving huge amounts of scrutiny because of some big sporting event in a few weeks time. They won't be interested in a few watches but expect some delays and a bit of a backlog after the games!