When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new sea dweller

signumboy

OK, so I've never understood the crown guard trim thing. My understanding of forging is that it take more, not less, effort to draw items like that out further. If is isn't forged but machined, a tiny bit more cutting, if cast, a bit less material. So, why oh why isn't this just corrected and a problem nevermore? The rep makers are doing such a great job on details that I find myself scratching my head on the crown guard issue.

The worst thing that needs to be fixed from the SSD is the lack of rehaut compared to the gen. It is quite pronounced on an SD16600 and was not there on the last rep so dial also appeared bigger that it was. Superlume for me is not important if the other major problem is not better!

watch them put some rehaut engraving on it ; )

as for CGs it probably comes down to precision tooling to cut it correctly and possibly a two step process to refine it, which wold cost them more $$ to take that little bit more off. thats the easiest explanation as to why theyre so large, its just easier and cheaper to cut them roughly to shape

• 2 months later...