When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally finished with my 6152/1 project...

projectologist

It's taken about a year, and I had searched most of that time for the right dial to finish it. I must say that all of the previous dials I installed I could have settled on quite happily, but when the opportunity came to buy this dial (as seen in the attached pics), I jumped on it.

It's a dial made by Kbiz and lumed, resin filled and finished by Merlin. Look closely at the close-up images and you can see how he has managed to very accurately replicate the look of a 3-piece dial without the added thickness. I have no idea how he does it, but the results are 1:1 accurate AND without having to order a custom taller CP and bezel. It dropped in perfectly to the refinished DSN case.

The gen Tropic 24 sets off the their dial beautifully :)

L1020714aa.jpg

vindial01.jpg

test3.jpg

MM007.jpg

Great looking 6152! How much did you spend?

I spent $750 total USD. But here's the deal... if you substitute an Asian version 4697 movement and DSN's plexi (which is 90% accurate to a gen T24), the total was $400 USD. This is what I had into it before the plexi and movement upgrade. For $400 it looked exactly like the first pic in my OP :)

Here's the DSN plexi next to the gen...

repgenplex01.jpg

It's not a criticism. I like the taller style and I'm surprised the DSN is taller than non gen T24

No problem... I didn't take it as criticism, it's DSN's plexi, not mine :) The gen is lower, and I found a great deal on 5 of them.

But for those that own a DSN case set and want it to look closer to gen, I was letting them know it's an easy mod.