When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD Modding question

gehrels

Hi guys,

I posted some time ago a topic about my BK Rolex DSSD that had a stripe missing on the E of escape on the inner ring. My watch is currently with Dominico for mods and repair of the missing stripe.

However, Domi informed me that the bottom stripe that is not enamel filled cannot be restored because the stripe is not engraved into the metal and therefore can't be filled.

Can anybody please advise me as what I can do to get this right??? Is it possible to get it engraved or do I need to replace the ring or case completely? If so, what would be the cost, supplier and chance of it being able to fit with the parts that come of the current watch such as bezel, crystal, movement and dial? I have all these parts being serviced and modded at the moment so therefore I just want a proper case/ring with correct writing.

Please help me out guys... Here is a pic of the problem.

DSC08674.jpg

Thanks,

post-6187-0-36059300-1312828378.jpg

Guest mikemcnair

Frankly, the only thing to do is mask it and paint it. If you need help, let me know. I am a TD on RWG Sr. And would be glad to help.

Although, BK will likely fix it for you, he is a stand up cat.

Cheers

Michael

Frankly, the only thing to do is mask it and paint it.

Domenico tested already.

When the crystal goes on and pressed in place , it expand the paint, the problem in this case is that part of the 'E' engraving is gone ( or it was nether done ) .

Only way to solve is replace the case.

Edited by rosnik

There is the possibility of hand engraving the missing segment. Not sure if an engraving kiosk might have a go at it. Alternatively I think the hand engravers are not very expensive from place like Harbor Freight. Either way a steady hand is needed. Once engraved fill in with paint. I think worth a go since you really have nothing to loose.