When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dilemma with TW Steel Watch

Lobster

Hi Folk,

I have the opportunity to buy this L.E. TW Steel watch in 45mm. The price is around the price for a damn good franken watch. I had a TWS watch a long time ago and it was ok. Does anybody still own one and think they are damn good value still?

I am in love with this though..

post-28264-0-41481000-1312976326.jpg

Personally I'm not a big fan of TW Steel, so I'd pick another franken. You can kinda see some similarities with APs, so why not pick the original design? Could get a nicely modded one for that price.

Tho in the end you'll be the one wearing it, so get what YOU like :thumbsupsmileyanim: Just check out all the options before pulling the trigger.

Edited by Shanny

No love for the TWs then?

I'd get a Franken too, this looks a bit gaudy. Plus I don't like that they are produced in CN but cost as much as some Frankens.

Get a Seiko or a Citizen if you want a great watch. Seiko Kinetics look like this one, but MUCH more stylish and integrated design...

I bought a TW Steel watch in pink gold (the TW Steel CEO Tonneau). A Richard Mille looking watch which I bought as I liked the look, there are no good Richard Mille reps and the TW looked good.

While the watch has operated fine I would be the first to admit that it was way over priced ($500 plus) for a watch with a inexpensive quartz Miyota 0S25 movement. TW Steel service is not very good either. I have enquired twice about another leather strap to have on hand and the 1st enquiry went unanswered and the second enquiry was answered but after I responded as to the distribution area I was in it went quiet.

My guess is that the cost of the watch is to cover the cost of sponsoring Renault F1 and several race drivers like David C, Dario F and a few others. Also, to cover the cost of the TW Steel girls that are sent to each F1 races for promotion. TW Steel really is hype over substance.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

to cover the cost of the TW Steel girls that are sent to each F1 races for promotion. TW Steel really is hype over substance.

Maybe thats what I was really saying, when I suggested throwing them in the bin!

I have NO disagreement with more promo chicks at any meeting, anywhere! But these things are really just an overpriced, hyped up "designer" watch. (Krug Baumann, and Ed Hardy are another couple which spring to mind)

So whats the difference between these and say a Rolex?...At least Rolex have the decency to build a mechanical watch...and THEY build it, not another opposition company (Miyota/Citizen). After that they are both overpriced, and need globs of promo to put themselves above the rest of the players!

O/S