When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got An Email From Josh About The New Bell And Ross

crystalcranium

It looks like Josh and Andrew are working as a conduit for customer feedback from the most discerning collectors back to the manufacturers. The results may be some of the most accurate replicas we've seen yet. They are working on getting a Swiss version of the Instrument B&R perfect. I don't know how much this team contributed to the production of the second generation Omega SMP Chrono Diver but it looks to me to be spot on, at least when I hold up my genuine to the computer screen. The last attempt at this replica was a mess. The dial print was wrong, the crown guards were incorrectly shaped, the crystal was domed and thick resulting in tons of dial distortion and the caseback was engraved "speedmaster". This one looks pretty faultless. About the only thing I can come up with is that the bracelet has a screw instead of a pin at one position close to the lugs. The dial print is exactly right in its font and position around the date window. The pearl is correct. Josh told me this is a 1-1 copy made with a genuine on hand. It shows.

Now if I can just get them to make a decorated Swiss Unitas for the FA Jones!!!!! I've been told the economics of that make it un-attainable. Too much to be made from the asian unitas decorated and too much cash up front to bulk order the swiss for modification.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now if I can just get them to make a decorated Swiss Unitas for the FA Jones!!!!! I've been told the economics of that make it un-attainable. Too much to be made from the asian unitas decorated and too much cash up front to bulk order the swiss for modification.

Since you like the Jones, why don't you see if you can get those guys to come up with a decent set of blue steel hands? The ones that come on the rep are a joke. I've had three so far, and they've all been scratched, chipped, or flaked. To me, there's not much point in an improved movement until they can get the hands right.

Josh said the strap, although the right shape, was of poor quality so it's being sent back for a re-do. This is the cause for the delay in release. They are also manufacturing an allen wrench tool for strap removal and I think he said the screws on the final version will be black. Should be awsome for the B&R enthusiasts. Still looks like a bedside table alarm clock on a belt to me but....so does the genuine!!

Please tell me the B&R they're going to make will be the making this beauty!!

post-1281-1161273458_thumb.jpg

I too would prefer the limited version!!!

My biggest concern, however, if they decided to offer it would be that they would use the cheezy faux PVD coating that scratches and wears off instead of the real deal - like Davidson uses on his PAM's.

Edited by jake48

I was priviliged to see the prototype when I was in China last week. It is utterly fantastic! This watch will redefine the quality that we can expect from reps - no shadow of a doubt.

Jos was not happy with the quality of the strap, which surprised me - I thought it excellent - and I am very fussy about straps - but Jos wanted it softer... the man is a perfectionist!

And for you guys that want the dial with orange markers... calm down. I saw that dial, too. Excellent - if you like orange markers.

I don't care for anything orange... that's just my thing. But my order for the standard version is in!

And for you guys that want the dial with orange markers... calm down. I saw that dial, too. Excellent - if you like orange markers.

I don't care for anything orange... that's just my thing. But my order for the standard version is in!

So there is definately a orange dial version soon to be available it seems!

:Jumpy:

Amazing! I just bought the 39mmx39mm B&R and now I'll need to buy the 46mm B&R too! Hopefully the Orange/Black will actually come to fruition. :Jumpy:

My 39mm has stark white (no lume) hands but the 3.6.9,12 and the hour indices are mild yellowish lume - a horrible mismatch - so I sent it to The Zigmeister to get the the hands, numbers and indices all lumed with C1!!! It is going to be sweet! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

SO the big question will be the quality of the lume on the 46mm. Hopefully the hands will be matched to the face - if not, another international money order made out to The Zigmeister!

YH