When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust 1601 with ETA

kraken

First of all, I have been lurking this forum a long time but this is the first time I need help so here I am :)

I have original 1601 Rolex case, bracelet, everything but movement. I saw recommendation to get yuki adapter but on her cite there is no info about datejust. Can anyone confirm me can I use 2836-2 with adapter to fit it in 1601 case?

Thank you for advices in advance.

The 2836-2 might be a option if you use a piepan dial, but it has not been tested of which I am aware. The movement of choice, in the ETA line, for a 1601 case, would be the 2824-2. It is about .5mm(?) thinner than its counterpart. You can use a movement ring from rafflestime (see link below) and it will work perfectly. I have done it and the only modification to be made is on the ring where the case clamps cross it. It is too high and needs to be milled down just in those two spots. I used a Dreml tool with a cutoff wheel. Could be done with a file.

http://stores.ebay.com/Raffles-Time/Watch-Case-/_i.html?_nkw=movement+ring&_fsub=21207622&_sid=5404262

P. S. I believe that you need the #2 ring.

Edited by preacher62

I agree with everything preacher says.

Although my build was a little different, I used a 1601 case to build an Explorer I, I did use a 2824-2, but I had a stilty ring which I used as a spacer. But everything went together smoothly. I also picked up a NOS 24-600-0 crown which fit the tube perfectly

P1010143.jpg

Pie pan dials are tough to come by, but maybe a DJ 16000/16200 dial would fit. Like preacher says, a 2836 might work if you have a pie pan dial- I've never seen it either.

I agree with everything preacher says.

Although my build was a little different, I used a 1601 case to build an Explorer I, I did use a 2824-2, but I had a stilty ring which I used as a spacer. But everything went together smoothly. I also picked up a NOS 24-600-0 crown which fit the tube perfectly

P1010143.jpg

Pie pan dials are tough to come by, but maybe a DJ 16000/16200 dial would fit. Like preacher says, a 2836 might work if you have a pie pan dial- I've never seen it either.

Sweet Explorer...I think that is going to be my next and last franken...a 1016.

BTW...I am about to try a Miyota 8215 under a piepan dial in a 1601 case. Just waiting for some case screws (it apparently does not take the standard screws). I'll post here. I think the Miyota spec is about the same as the 2836.