When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Leather Strap for my SA?

dditty708

Where can you find good prices on Gen straps? Also, where to get the best crock strap from?

Where can you find good prices on Gen straps? Also, where to get the best crock strap from?

There is a very nice croc strap and gen deployant going at the moment in the straps section.

Also, some nice pieces come up on the 'straps and bracelets' forum, it's only a matter of time :)

If I buy a BOB strap when can I find a deployment buckle??

eBay for a 20mm Breitling style deployment/deployant (the proper word is deployant... A deployment means something entirely different :)

The straps are either 22 or 24mm atthe lugs, but they are all 20mm at the buckle. You'll work it out :)

The best looking strap on a SA, is none at all! The SA has no business with a strap on it. :thumbdown: Bracelet is the only way to wear it. The head is so heavy, that any strap not only looks weak, but also makes the watch feel unbalanced.

Mike , while I generally agree with most of your posts I have to disagree with you on this one. I do have a gen pro2 for my SA and although it is very nice I find myself wear the gen croc more often. I believe the thickness and construction of the gen strap makes all the difference and I find the deployant and strap to be a very comfortable combo. Skinny aftermarket strap, another story.

Mike , while I generally agree with most of your posts I have to disagree with you on this one. I do have a gen pro2 for my SA and although it is very nice I find myself wear the gen croc more often. I believe the thickness and construction of the gen strap makes all the difference and I find the deployant and strap to be a very comfortable combo. Skinny aftermarket strap, another story.

When I bought my Gen Blue Baton SA, I had my AD add a Gen Blue Croc with Deployant...I wore the watch out of the store on the croc., which I left on for a couple days. The strap and dial looked great and I wanted it to work so bad, but after putting on the bracelet, no matter how hard I tried to go back to the croc, the watch felt too top heavy (funny due tot he SA size, right) and just did not feel right. Kind of like putting economy tires on a Porsche! :thumbsupsmileyanim: It just handled wrong! Now, on my SOHC LE, which is not that much smaller then the SA, is just too sweet on a gen. calf then the mesh bracelet, the bracelet just sits in the box.

Best price on gen straps,at the AD,bracelets,online. Here in Canada anyway.

A SA belongs on a bracelet,i've owned a dozen of them,rep and gen,straps and bracelets. It just does not cut it on a strap with this watch and the bracelets are a work of art (gen).

Breitling leather straps are hunks of wood wrapped around your wrist,try a black rubber dive if you must but you will be back to SS at some point,if you are a true SA fan. Cheers.

Best price on gen straps,at the AD,bracelets,online. Here in Canada anyway.

A SA belongs on a bracelet,i've owned a dozen of them,rep and gen,straps and bracelets. It just does not cut it on a strap with this watch and the bracelets are a work of art (gen).

Breitling leather straps are hunks of wood wrapped around your wrist,try a black rubber dive if you must but you will be back to SS at some point,if you are a true SA fan. Cheers.

The SA 3-link bands are definitely the way to go. Breitling crocs need a long time to form to the shape of the wrist and are unlike PAM straps which are very soft and form immediately to each wrist, Breit straps are quite rigid.

An alternate might be a calf strap. The blingy dial can use some toning down. I have a gen calf on a Navi World and it is very comfortable and fits very nicely on the wrist.

Save your money, and go a custom strap. I'm totally against Breitling's prices on straps. They are ridiculously exorbitant.

I am totally for a bracelet on these.....

I had the gen croc on it but have to agree with Bike Mike... the balance felt wrong for me.... I did see a calf rubber moulded shoulder(lug) strap once which I think was in the gallery of AP straps... it sort of fitted like the LumTec Zilla straps do... ie rising and filling the space between the lugs...

I also recall a guy fitting a mesh to his... not my cup of tea but maybe something you ight like...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you thought about a nice Leather Ammo?

I have used this ebay seller, who is based in Thailand, before.

I ordered a custom Ammo. You can choose exact sizes and lengths, colour, design, stitch colour etc etc.

It is perhaps quite expensive, but the service and end product were excellent!

Here is a link to an advert he has on the Bay, you can check out his store from there......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swiss-Ammo-Strap-24-24mm-combatible-Panerai-/170758071064?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c1f96318