When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Cartier Santos 100

lantis

uhhh ... that one don't look so nice!

possibly you got a true swiss movement though!

and in the end: who cares? no one's gonna open it to check if your movement looks alright and call you out on it anyway ...

Try this:

(.png

I'm surely going to be bugged, because I ordered it with the nickel-plated movement-- and FYI the gold plated movement is from the BEST version.

That movement looks like a Gen Swiss 2824 .. I would need closer photos of the balance [censored] to be sure. You can relax.

It is a swiss 2824, but it is not the movement described in the watch I ordered, that's what's bugging me. I prefer the nickel plated one since that is engraved, not with a stickered that you will be worried if it falls off and damaged the movement.

Yeah, nobody will look at the inside, but surely "what you don't know won't hurt you" doesn't apply to me right now. I'll be returning this as soon as the dealer gives me the return address.

I prefer the nickel plated one since that is engraved, not with a stickered that you will be worried if it falls off and damaged the movement.

I don't understand ... the one you think is engraved ... thats a sticker too. They are both Cartier stickers on an ETA rotor.

On the gold sticker, the text is raised. On the silver sticker, the text is indented.

I don't understand ... the one you think is engraved ... thats a sticker too. They are both Cartier stickers on an ETA rotor.

On the gold sticker, the text is raised. On the silver sticker, the text is indented.

Ah, to be precise, the "Cartier" in the gold rotor is stickered like the HBBs. The other is stickered but engraved "Cartier" logo.

There's still a back story (the gold movement is also in the BEST version, and I'm thinking I got the BEST version, not the ultimate one) but the dealer and I already agreed that I return it and get a full refund. The thing is, if the other guys bought and expect to see the nickel rotor, they might be in for a surprise, or they might think they got the ultimate but maybe got the best version... a biiiig maybe.

Lantis - when I bought one of these, I did open the case back and the movement was identical to the photo that was provided on the dealers website. But, as many have mentioned before, if it is a 2824 then I would not be too worried about it. The decoration is really not relevant and not worth the hassles involved in sending it back and waiting for another one.

However.... if it is a clone movement, but you paid the higher price for a swiss one, then I would think you have reason to complain. Just my 0.02

Lantis - when I bought one of these, I did open the case back and the movement was identical to the photo that was provided on the dealers website. But, as many have mentioned before, if it is a 2824 then I would not be too worried about it. The decoration is really not relevant and not worth the hassles involved in sending it back and waiting for another one.

However.... if it is a clone movement, but you paid the higher price for a swiss one, then I would think you have reason to complain. Just my 0.02

As I said there's a back story that I can't tell, and I'm sending it back for refund, both sides happy. Yes, there's waste of time and money, but then it's part of this hobby, right?

On the silver sticker, the text is indented.

I really doubt that! True some older Rollies had the sticker feature which was nicely cut out in the round moon-like shape to exactly fit the rotor. This made it look like it was engraved. I haven't seen that feature anymore for some while now. Most rotors are nicely engraved nowadays and so is this nickel plated version I think.

I really doubt that! True some older Rollies had the sticker feature which was nicely cut out in the round moon-like shape to exactly fit the rotor. This made it look like it was engraved. I haven't seen that feature anymore for some while now. Most rotors are nicely engraved nowadays and so is this nickel plated version I think.

If you look at the picture .... you will see that the sticker is not cut to the proper shape and hangs over the edge of the rotor. it's not an engraved rotor.