When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Portofino non-chrono

japanic

To get a Josh link click on it twice

Im no expect so cannot comment with any real understanding of the Portofino range, The 2 Gens that came up do not look like this rep so it must be another version. But the Case is very different

2010072723013080798.jpg

iwc-portofino-automatic.jpg

IWC-2011-08-15-06-01_enl.jpg

Anyway its a classy watch and I think you are paying more for the 2892 Movement , which I reckon is trooper.

But looks wise there are similar PP's and the Galshutte Senator which are just as nice and cheaper , but if you need a date then this is nice.

What do you think?

I think the rep looks cheap!

Not even worth the effort to frank.

The IWC 3563, WOW

Look at the body of this watch, nice and rounded from the front.

The sunken krone looks good, very nice touch.

Not sure about the hands in this one, but I can assure you that rep hands won't be as nice.

2010072723013080798.jpg

Alot of IWC's parts are rounded so they morph the light.

A RG hand or number can look RG, silver, or even black depending on the angle and light.

The rep won't do this.

Step up on the case GZ.

I can take care of the rest!

Mike

GUYS GUYS!.... I think the rep looks very good. Due to the poor lighting the case is being under exposed. The black reflections make the case look like it has the wrong shape. I bet that if this was photographed by a member it would look mighty fine!!! Take a close look. You can see the fat case and the crown sinking in it. Just like the gen. The black reflection makes it all look weird.

I think PT took better pictures.

This does look better that what I saw the first time.

It's a nice look.

I see potential.

But what about the way they mounted the movement ... is this like the 3717 with a loose ring, but the movement is mounted to the ring?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Have anyone bought this one yet..?

I like the watch, and the fact that it has the Asian 2892 movement. Strangely, it seems that the date is slightly to the left on the rep. The caseback engravings are not as deep as on the gen, and the crystal has no AR.. Still a cool and affordable dress watch. :)

GUYS GUYS!.... I think the rep looks very good. Due to the poor lighting the case is being under exposed.

I agree. You have to turn the brightness up so far that it ruins the image, but as you can see the case is very fat and the crown is inset but in the original image, it is badly lit.

post-22602-0-36825000-1316293771.jpg

Have seen the classic IWC style caseback on the new watch. Think the replica caseback is not too far from the real.

iwc2.jpg

Check out the review in the "watchtime" print archive for a comparison between the PAM111, Rolex Air-King and this Portofino.

http://www.watchtime.com/print-archive/ (Search for Portofino). :-)

Edited by chrgod

• 3 weeks later...