When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Know This Uk Based Ebay Seller?

mr1973

The pics dont look bad, what you guys think?

Anyone dealt with him?

Yes, I have. Mixed feelings. Some of his watches on (www.swiss-time.co.uk) were described as having 'swiss movements' and shipped with Asian movements instead. His Panerai OEM material is decent, but not as good as the same products from, say, Trusty (his OEM box/paperwork is better).

His stuff always arrives speedily and no trouble with his eBay sales.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Well, I bought eBay item #290041300293 UNITAS ETA 6497 WATCH FITS TO PANERAI PARTS - TITANIUM

from this dude, he's totally dragging his feet. He told me his last one of these had a nick in the case, so he's trying to get another--this was 2 or 3 weeks ago. He tried to switch me to the SS version. I'm hoping it wont end badly (for him). I'm going to be in the UK in a couple months.

Anybody know him? He used to run a rep site.

UPDATE:

Well, I bought eBay item #290041300293 UNITAS ETA 6497 WATCH FITS TO PANERAI PARTS - TITANIUM

from this dude, he's totally dragging his feet. He told me his last one of these had a nick in the case, so he's trying to get another--this was 2 or 3 weeks ago. He tried to switch me to the SS version. I'm hoping it wont end badly (for him). I'm going to be in the UK in a couple months.

Anybody know him? He used to run a rep site.

Actually Homer told me, that new Ti cases were on it´s way. Should arrive mid next week...

Homer is/was a very trusted EU-based dealer, i´d have no worries ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new here at the forum and have no previous experience from any of the dealers discussed. I am thinking about buying the watch discussed above. The seller seems to have a good reputation so I am not worried about that, but has anyone seen this particular watch he offers? I would be very glad to hear some comments etc or maybe suggestions of other offers.

Thanks in advance

Ulf

Hello,

I am new here at the forum and have no previous experience from any of the dealers discussed. I am thinking about buying the watch discussed above. The seller seems to have a good reputation so I am not worried about that, but has anyone seen this particular watch he offers? I would be very glad to hear some comments etc or maybe suggestions of other offers.

Thanks in advance

Ulf

which one? trusty time (dealers section) sells the titanium.

which one? trusty time (dealers section) sells the titanium.

The particular one I was interested was the one shown in the link at the beginning of this thread. It is the same as this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNITAS-ETA-6497-MOVE...1QQcmdZViewItem

At the pictures it looks really nice and I also like the clean look, but since I dont know anything about different versions etc I would be very grateful for some comments.

I looked at the webpage, but the only thing I saw was picturese. There were no prices, data etc nor contact information. But as I said, I like the look of the one on Ebay so if you guys out here think it is a good one then I will probably buy one.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Ulf

The particular one I was interested was the one shown in the link at the beginning of this thread. It is the same as this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNITAS-ETA-6497-MOVE...1QQcmdZViewItem

At the pictures it looks really nice and I also like the clean look, but since I dont know anything about different versions etc I would be very grateful for some comments.

I looked at the webpage, but the only thing I saw was picturese. There were no prices, data etc nor contact information. But as I said, I like the look of the one on Ebay so if you guys out here think it is a good one then I will probably buy one.

Thanks in advance for comments.

Ulf

Now I ordered one them (exactly the same as the beginning of this thread). From the pictures it looks nice. I will have it sent to my home country Sweden, but I will not be able to see it until I come back (currently livign abroad) so it will take a month for me to give you feed back.

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got the Titanium from him. Nice piece.

Congratulations. I have also ordered one but had it sent to a friend of mine since I am currently working abroad. The watch has arrived but my friend is totally disinterested in watches so I have not been able to get any feed back from him. It would be nice if you could give some vomments on your first impression.

After I ordered the watch I learned about this canon pin issue (ie at swiss etas the pin is a bit short) but on the pictuers in the auction it looks like it goes all the way up.