When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First lume attempt on a Rolex dial....

dutchguy2

I made some lume attempts earlier on hands and FGD dials. It went pretty well so I thought lets try it on the next level. I always ask Andy to lume my Rolex dials (and still will in the future :D ) because I think it really difficult to do and he does a great job.

But from a hobby perspective I wanted to try it out myself. I asked Andy some directions to start with.

I tried first on a old, bad, Comex dial.

Result:

foto404.jpg

Lume shot (not so evenly lumed :yuk: )

foto405.jpg

Hmm, this asks for more practice. What else do we have?

I had a MBW single red SD dial laying around. Here are the results of the second attempt:

Before; (all white and no glow)

foto316.jpg

After: (nice vintage color with good night glow)

foto403.jpg

Lume, is getting better :thumbsupsmileyanim:

foto402.jpg

So, any master or noob like to comment and give some more directions how to improve?

Thanks for looking.

Looking very good! I can do the round markers just fine, but the straight and triangle are my problem. I can't seem to make a straight line or stay in the lines. I'm getting better, I'm doing it freehand but now use a nib and nib holder to 'draw' with. Do you and Andy use any special tool or straightedge to make those markers? Straight pin or toothpicks?

Um .... TheZigmeister. That is All. Re-luming a PAM?! :rofl:

No. lume an un-lumed FM Crazy.

:rofl: Whats wrong with you?

Stupid [censored] contest over someone elses skills....how redonc.

Check out RWI, RWG to see some of Fine_dd's work.

The Zigmeister is clearly a great modder....however the video was mainly to show the tools being used by some modders.

Ahh, I have a Slevin too. I wish someone in the EU could do what the Zigmeister does. I would sent mine over right away.

But, let us not forget why I started this post! I'm a poor amateur who is trying to learn to re-lume with amateur equipment for his hobby. I don't want to earn money wth this.

:rofl: Whats wrong with you?

When you claim someone is the best lumer you know and throw out a video of a PAM dial being lumed ... I would ask you the same question.

Your claim may be entirely true, but think about how you are making your point. It doesn't make sense.

When you claim someone is the best lumer you know and throw out a video of a PAM dial being lumed ... I would ask you the same question.

Your claim may be entirely true, but think about how you are making your point. It doesn't make sense.

The best modder I know.....read it again maybe slowly! The best modder I know

What do you want me to do?

I just don't have a video of him reluming a AP or something else....because I don't have access to his videos.

And again....the video was to see the usage of tools, just to reinforce my previous argument about tools being needed for a lume job.

Don't be a [censored]wit!

No, just an fine oiler. I think one of the most important part is the correct mixture. To thin and it will not stay between lines to thick and it will be hard to get it on the line straight.

Thanks. That seems to be the only 'special tool' in the video as well. I'll try it.

Edit: I have no interest in arguing. I wanted to give an advice.....

JoeyB isn't even able to tell a syringe connected to a compressor unit from an oiler. th_picard.gif

So you go back and delete the clip, and try to start a fight with two people in this thread??

What is WRONG with YOU????

Looks good Dutch. Practice. I find that for the round dots if the lume is a bit more fluid, it helps spread evenly in a circle, whereas the triangle, or rectangle areas work better with a thicker lume and smaller tip. sort of like tracing the lines first, then applying from the center. Keeps it all tucked in.

E

So you go back and delete the clip, and try to start a fight with two people in this thread??

What is WRONG with YOU????

Nothing wrong.

I didn't start anything.

Like I said before, I wanted to give an advice....Dutchguy told me via PM he appreciated it.

Unfortunately you guys didn't....You didn't even watch the clip closely, but made a snidey comment, so what's the point?

I have no further interest in smack-talking, but feel free to contact me via PM if there is a problem.

Dutchguy did great work on the dial, that's what counts.

Let's keep this thread about this.

Cheers

Akira