When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this normal?

Junglecat

I know I shouldn't be moaning about tracking/ems but I'm getting a bit worried/excited about my first rep :). This is all the tracking info I have:

2011-08-19 16:39:00 City of Guangzhou Posting

16:58:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

21:00:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

23:55:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Havn't had any other updates for 4 days, I'm assuming it's still in China?

Timing Site Status

2011-08-15 18:36:00 City of Guangzhou Posting

19:47:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center

21:04:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-08-16 00:08:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

better than me.... :(

Hmm that doesn't fill me with confidence lol. I was hoping to have it by the end of the week but that seems unlikely :(.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZX0f4CL-T8

Some times it's delivered before the web site is updated. You should use the USPS web site once it leaves China. It's still not gonna get there any faster though.

I'm in UK so checked with Parcelforce, the only status they have for my number is 'advised'. Don't really know what they mean by that.... I think I'll just stop checking lol

Edited by Junglecat

Clasic case of getting familiar to the game and rules of the rep business.

I can remember that i got inpatient after not getting an answer from my supplier after 2 days ( first rep was a Noob mariner from Neil :thumbsupsmileyanim: )

T&T systems even for shipments with in the EU aren't reliable for 100% , so don't expect the Chinese system to be more efficient and reliable.

As said relax ( very hard for the first time ) take a beer and your watch will end up some day.

Carpe Diem

Cats

better than me!

2011-08-13 21:10:00City of Guangzhou Posting 22:35:00City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center 2011-08-14 03:56:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center 2011-08-14 09:48:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Edited by shenns

better than me!

2011-08-13 21:10:00City of Guangzhou Posting 22:35:00City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center 2011-08-14 03:56:00GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center 2011-08-14 09:48:00GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Good things come to those who wait I guess :).

2011-08-24 15:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-08-24 15:15:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Handed over to Customs

Update :D. Well it's in the UK so I'm very happy. I expected it to indicate it had gone to Chinese customs/Beijing first, which is odd. No matter though, first rep imminent - happy days!

Edited by Junglecat

2011-08-24 15:14:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Arrival at Sorting Center

2011-08-24 15:15:00 UNITED KINGDOM COVENTRY PF Handed over to Customs

Update :D. Well it's in the UK so I'm very happy. I expected it to indicate it had gone to Chinese customs/Beijing first, which is odd. No matter though, first rep imminent - happy days!

Hey thats awesome! Maybe mine will skip the chinese customs too. My 2nd order is at the post office right now because no was at my home to accept the delivery today =(.

Every thing goes through customs, both in China and in your home country.

In recent times they have added to all tracking 'Handed over to customs' this is part of the normal process and probably is no more than some pen pushers idea to make people sweat.

there is in fact times when packages do not travel direct from seller to buyer but take a more scenic route before leaving China, this is on the initiative of the shipping agent (not the seller) and it is designed to battle the occasional customs crackdowns in the cities where the seller is located.

In these cases it is not unusual (as Tom Jones would say) for the goods to take an extra week or two.

Finally as pointed out the EMS site is not always updated in a timely manner, buyers should also be aware that their national postal carrier, in the case of the OP it would be Royal Mail, can also track these numbers and often better than EMS.

Ken

Every thing goes through customs, both in China and in your home country.

In recent times they have added to all tracking 'Handed over to customs' this is part of the normal process and probably is no more than some pen pushers idea to make people sweat.

there is in fact times when packages do not travel direct from seller to buyer but take a more scenic route before leaving China, this is on the initiative of the shipping agent (not the seller) and it is designed to battle the occasional customs crackdowns in the cities where the seller is located.

In these cases it is not unusual (as Tom Jones would say) for the goods to take an extra week or two.

Finally as pointed out the EMS site is not always updated in a timely manner, buyers should also be aware that their national postal carrier, in the case of the OP it would be Royal Mail, can also track these numbers and often better than EMS.

Ken

Cheers Ken, that makes sense :). I knew it would have to go through/has been through Chinese customs but was just suprised the tracker never said it did (not a problem though). I thought parcelforce handled all EMS uk deliveries?

Anyway, I've decided with my next order not to bother with the tracker at all :D.