When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown guard lever adjustment

FreddyD

Personally mate.... if you need to ask I wouldnt attempt it...

But if you cant find a modder where you are or where you are willing to ship... then it would help if you posted some pics of the issue and what PAM you have etc etc

:)

Pete is right. Also a pic or two would be helpful. My own rule of thumb is that irrespective of how tight it is if a lever firmly contacts the crown and closes fully within the the CG body there is no such thing as too tight. It is hopefully all the more weather and dust proof. You can't damage the movement. The stem is not going to slip. Also, if it ever did fit better but is now too tight it is possible the gasket(s) moved.

• 1 month later...

Finally after some time, the process it's done!!! I needed to test the sanding down every moment.

I've used a metal press and sand paper

2011-10-01172031.jpg

2011-10-01172050.jpg

The adjustement was perfect, the lever pushed the crown with the propper strenght

2011-10-01173014.jpg

2011-10-01173024.jpg

Now I have my own 360, the Paneristi boys didn't answered my e-mail :nono: .

I don't like 100% replicas so I've used a customized 195 caseback instead. :)

2011-10-01174758.jpg

2011-10-01175001.jpg

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
The pushing side of the lever is too long and is pressing the crown way too tight. I'm planning to Dremel it but I'm not sure about the propper shape or lenght. Could you help me with some tips or links? Thanks in advance.

If da stem ist cut too long, da pilot shaft will "bottom out" against the main plate (or da retaining groove against da set lever stud when it reaches da end of its travel). In either case da crown gasket will not be fully compressed irrespective of how "tight" da lever action ist. For dis reason, da lever tension ist always checked with da movement removed.

How does your current water resistance compare to it's pre modification level?

stiff muckler ist im da Haus!

p.s. long stem = broken stem or wet uhren

If da stem ist cut too long, da pilot shaft will "bottom out" against the main plate (or da retaining groove against da set lever stud when it reaches da end of its travel). In either case da crown gasket will not be fully compressed irrespective of how "tight" da lever action ist. For dis reason, da lever tension ist always checked with da movement removed.

How does your current water resistance compare to it's pre modification level?

stiff muckler ist im da Haus!

p.s. long stem = broken stem or wet uhren

:lol: