When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Cherry Pannie

seraphe

Got this parcel today... WHAT IS IT??? From HK?... Could it be...

136093-18161.jpg

I see a black leather strap! Yes, it MUST be!....

136093-18162.jpg

And what's this wrapped up like a bag of stash?

136093-18163.jpg

Mon Cherry-Pannie...

Ordered this baby from Davidsen on Sunday, exactly 5 days ago. While initially told that I might only receive my order in more than a week, I actually got on Monday a pleasant surprise when a tracking number in my email. David released to me his final spare...

136093-18164.jpg

The bare lady...

136093-18165.jpg

Angled for a view of the AR coating...

136093-18166.jpg

Engraving on the buckle... and on the case back

136093-18167.jpg

136093-18168.jpg

Now complete with the strap assembled. The black leather strap is thick, just as I requested.

136093-18169.jpg

On my wrist... :D Because of my small wrist, the weight of the watch wobbles back and forth around my wrist. This is indeed a HEAVY watch. Not sure how accurate the weight is to the gen, but this is heavy...

136093-18170.jpg

Super lume only on the hands, just like the gen.

136093-18171.jpg

This is one FANTASTIC watch! I've never landed my hands on a pannie before. This is the first time.

Only thing is... I've lost one of the screws from the case guard. Found it missing when I was inspecting the watch out of the box for the first time. Found the screw in the box. Thought this could be an easy fix, but apparently I did not screw it back tight enough.

(And then I lost the screw when it came off again. Davidsen... help!~)

Overall, I'm really happy with the worksmanship. I have all the confidence for David's work. Will definitely get from him again.

... more pics from a pannie-noob.

Just to compare this rep vs a gen (pic taken from Paneristi)

136183-18149.jpg

How good is the font on this Davidsen? Still not as thick as the gen, is it? Take a look at the '6'.

136183-18150.jpg

I think I won't be doing justice when the shots are at slightly different angles, but the font used on Davidsen's still look slightly thinner when doing a side-by-side. On its own, I didn't know. Davidsen's fonts are just so defined I actually thought the gen would be just like this.

136183-18151.jpg

Let me correct myself on the font. Davidsen's font are actually quite accurate.

After a bit of research and an advise from a fellow RWI-er, I looked closely at the font on my Davidsen 005 again and it looks like the font used on gen post-Verdôme/Richemont Panerai's.

136605-18075.jpg

Separately, I've still not heard from David about my request for a replacement CG screw... Getting anxious. Does anyone know if the screws used on Davidsen's are standard that can be found in horological equipment suppliers? I realize there's one here in my town but have not contacted him yet since it's public holidays these couple of days... Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

First of all seraphe, congrats!! This is a wicked watch to own. I suggest you email Davidsen and tell him yr problem. He will sort u out in no time.

About the accuracy. One big flaw I notice in Davidsen's watches is the case. If you are anal enough, u will notice that the case bordering the glass has little or no 'plateau' whereas in gens and other reps (from other factories) have that plateau on the case. It may seem negligible but it was especially apparent (to me) on white faced pams (207A). It kinda bordered me.

And the fonts. You guys already know that.

Davidsen has done a GREAT job on this. Not slamming by any means. Keep it up!!

The dial text on David's is thinner then the original but he just announced two weeks ago he's working on a new updated dial with the correct font thickness, correct arrow shape on a OP logo as well as inter-text spacing on both of his 000 and 005. Watch this space.

cheers,

babola