When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I got banned for a month over at RepGeek

georgegrasser

I posted a watch for sale over at RepGeek and received a notice two hours later.

"1 Month Ban. Read the Rules."

I did read the rules. I do have a short-term memory problem from all the drugs I take, but I did try hard to list it correctly. Since when does human error require a ban? :bangin:

I have a saying that I teach my students. "People suck. Not some of them. All of them." It's nice to see that I have been proven right. post-7283-0-47028500-1315202622.jpg

I got a lifetime ban from a PRS guitar forum. I had a grand total of about 5 posts, all discussing an issue I was having with pickup wiring. No reason for the ban, and the mods won't respond to me via email. Some forums border on the surreal.

Same here many years ago... but the Les Paul forum.... :)

Losers

as someone else said you are actually banned for a month, In truth you did violate their rules (and frankly ours too if the same happened here) trying to sell a watch outside of the for sale forum. The difference is that you would receive a warning here and have the opportunity to rectify the situation. It sounds like you caught a mod on a bad day and he decided to simply ban you. The funny part is he posted in the thread chastising you and letting you know you were being banned. Of course he was writing this to someone who can't read it since you were banned. :bangin:

Unless you were a repeat offender I feel a warning would suffice. It seems like RG puts the ban hammer down without much provocation these days. Well George if you like RG, you can always go back In a month. :whistling:

Yes. I'll wait. So what is wrong with RepGeek anyway that some here don't like them? The forums all seem the same to me.

well once upon a time, I was banned for a week for the unforgivable crime of 'poll-rigging'

I didn't notice because I was busy with the birth of my first born so I didn't even know until a couple of weeks later :)

Either way no trophy nor hobby can ever compare

Eventually the Admin ran off with a ton of cash so well ...

Edited by chronoluvvv