When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer II White dial 16570

irolexu

Well customs may have lost, seized, eaten, or is just taking a god awful long time to release my watch. So I may be looking at getting a replacement from a very reliable source (not saying that the seller is at fault and my normal source uses a different customs NOT NYC) I want opinions on this watch before I bite down on this one. It does have lug holes and no rehaut engraving which I like but I do not know much about lug hole engravings and not sure if it is a dead give away or what not. experts feel free to chime in!

post-38265-0-23539300-1315271312.jpg

post-38265-0-08699600-1315271325.jpg

post-38265-0-12931900-1315271340.jpg

post-38265-0-86799500-1315271400.jpg

This one comes from watchinternational@gmail.com or Mary. She has been so helpful and also her products go through louisiana customs not NYC. this one I believe is 288.00 and has swiss ETA and ICHS which I prefer to avoid issues. I am in Dallas, Texas so if your in the area I will not have a problem showing you the product and if my package comes I will have two and one will be for sale of course :)

Well, if it has lug holes, than the dial should be tritium, not luminova. At the bottom of the dial it should bear "swiss t<25",thus.

I will have to disagree. here is a reference for that. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Excellent-condition-mens-white-dial-Rolex-Explorer-II-/150658323125?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2313ef92b5#ht_901wt_1188

lug holes and "swiss made"

Dutch makes a great point. unless they have contacted you saying that it has been confiscated and you are not getting it back, I would wait for the first one.

How would they tell me? A letter? Will that be Posted under my tracking number? Anyways I think what I'll end up doing is buying that one and when the one I ordered comes in I'll decide which one I want to keep. One has lug holes as shown above the other has rehaut engraving and no lug holes both 40mm

I guess (actually strongly believe) that the dial is not from the original watch!

Well thing is I have found 3 more on the Internet like that exactly so I am not sure what's right vs wrong all n all I am really leaning towards this one all the flaws are very very minor which some could possibly be modified

Looks good to me. Of coarse it has some flaws but they are only minor. I like the lugholes.

But I think you will end up with two Explorers II. Your watch will be released by the NYC customs. I had a watch and some other stuff at NYC customs for more than 2 weeks each.

+1

Remember that Rollies arent supposed to be shipped to the USA. It doesnt matter if its gen or not. I once had a gen rolex sent to me that got held up in customs for two months. They sent it back to the seller. He took the band off it and said he was sending it to me as parts. which it flew right by customs.

Edited by HartDoc

Well, if it has lug holes, than the dial should be tritium, not luminova. At the bottom of the dial it should bear "swiss t<25",thus.

Wrong.

They produced super luminova dials with SELs and lugholes for over 2 years. Just like my gen 16710 K-serial. It has SELs + Super luminova dial + lug holes.

IMG_3175.jpg

PS: That's a nice ExpII. :good: