When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

travelling with a rep

tre

I took the plane from Geneva three times this last month and put my Sub ceramic or my 1680 in the case at the control and no problem... And it's Switzerland ! It could be a problem if you put it or them in your bagages and that customs open them for control... I think it's better to wear it, more natural! Lol

I took the plane from Geneva three times this last month and put my Sub ceramic or my 1680 in the case at the control and no problem... And it's Switzerland ! It could be a problem if you put it or them in your bagages and that customs open them for control... I think it's better to wear it, more natural! Lol

I agree with this.

• 1 month later...

So one more time, I just come back Morocco and took the Plane at Lyon Saint Exupery and no problem...

And when you come from Morocco true me a lot of persons go back to home with a lot of counterfeits (shirts Ralph Lauren, Nike shoes, Rolex watches,LV bags,etc.)... And most of Rep from Morocco are bad quality and if you put in Luggages without plastic bags or if you wear them, no problem with customs.

here is a tip, don't be an idiot and check any watches like i did :(

got to the hotel, opened up the bag, my tag was MISSING!

called the airlines - now that was a retarded conversation....

"we have no record of a watch fitting that description in the lost and found"

"could it have been stolen?"

"oh no sir we do strict background checks on all employees". lol!!!!!!!!

doesn't rule out the possibility of an employee having good taste in watches :/

was a tag link from Andrew.

just sooo glad i didn't check any gens!

I recently spent 3 weeks in Europe (FR, IT, CH(Switzerland).

Although I only took 2 Gen's with me, there was never even a glance or second look. I kept the 2nd watch I was not wearing in a man-bag when traveling through the airport. Again, no red flags when I put the watch I was also wearing in the bag to go thru the metal detectors.

It was funny, I was in Cannes during the Panerai Regatta, and I saw so many REP's in the South of France it was surprisingly funny. Most notable were the "Quartz Ticking" Navitimer rep, and bad Submariner and GMT reps. Actually, I saw more REPs in the EU than I have in my local metro area.

Short answer, unless you have a briefcase or suit case full of reps, it will not be a problem.

here is a tip, don't be an idiot and check any watches like i did

got to the hotel, opened up the bag, my tag was MISSING!

called the airlines - now that was a retarded conversation....

"we have no record of a watch fitting that description in the lost and found"

"could it have been stolen?"

"oh no sir we do strict background checks on all employees". lol!!!!!!!!

doesn't rule out the possibility of an employee having good taste in watches :/

was a tag link from Andrew.

just sooo glad i didn't check any gens!

Really Bad Story! A "chance", it was a Rep'!

The last travel we did with my wife in Maghreb (Algeria), when we arrive on place, we've seen they stolen all make-Up (Dior, Chanel,etc.) and 1 bottle of Aromatic Elixir... And the baggage was well closed... 

My chance, my AP was on my wrist... Never in my Luggages... Never!

Whenever I travel my watches are with me.... I will always have anything of value in my hand baggage or pocket (yes, no matter the size), it never leaves my view .. Cameras, Jewellery, etc

If you dont then you have no one to blame but yourself when it goes walkies...

You cant trust no f**ker, no time, no where...

IMHO :)

Whenever I travel my watches are with me.... I will always have anything of value in my hand baggage or pocket (yes, no matter the size), it never leaves my view .. Cameras, Jewellery, etc

IMHO

Ahaha!!! That's right!!!

IMHO :)

Bloody Heathrow... Had to catch a connecting flight to fly home to Aus, and they forced me to check my laptop bag "because I wasn't allowed two pieces of hand luggage". Which was an absolute crock, as other passengers were carrying more. Took my laptop out, but forgot my camera in the front pocket. Got home, checked, and found it was missing, presumably racked in the airport - and with all my London pics on it...some of them of me doing sexy-times with the hottie I was banging there too... :) What a stupid thing to forget, but I was tired and thought human decency would prevail. Man was I wrong... Never again. The safeguarding of personal security and property is No. 1.

Back on point, Customs officials are mostly useless, and far more interested in catching drugs that reps (which is a sure-fire way to promotion).