When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To begin a seamaster project or not?

danza1812

So I was looking into a new case for my Smp quartz, then using the old case as a base for a 007 limited edition mod project.

26cf755f.jpg

The new cases come complete with crystal, crowns, bezels and gaskets. So all I will need is an eta 2824, gen hands and a dial, preferably a 007 dial but would settle for the original 2531 dial? So for an approximate cost of £650 I will have a brand new looking Smp quartz and a pretty darn good franken with everything gen except movement.

What are your thoughts on this project.

Thanks.

Interesting, good idea, why not go for a black bond instead?, Sell the bezel to raise funds for the black bezel? Or will the black bond dial not fit the old case?

You could also go down the route of creating a 2254 setup with the right parts? To me the 007 already looks too close to the blue bond to make it really worthwhile.

There are lots of different things that might be worth doing to create an almost completely different look. Some people on some of the gen forums were doing projects a while back using non-AC smp dials, PO seconds hands etc, they looked completely different and interesting and made a unique project. Either way, let us know how it goes!

Edited by cougar1