When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thick Straps

uboatfan

Quick question for custom strap enthusiasts. I have received my 1st custom strap

from strap culture. I have a few reps but this is my first thick custom strap. The quality

is excellent and its about 5mm thick. The measurements are 135/80. I have a 7inch wrist

and its definitely true what they say that thick straps where shorter. My question for those

with custom thick straps, once the leather is broken in, will the leather stretch? Im asking

because when I purchase my 2nd, im debating if I should go longer. With this measurement

im at the 2nd to the last hole and I like a bit of a tail. So just inquiring to see if the leather

strap will stretch after wearing it for a bit. Thx!

post-38256-0-15814800-1315472940.jpg

post-38256-0-70623900-1315473051.jpg

post-38256-0-17002500-1315473195.jpg

In my experience with leather, the more you wear it, the softer it will get. It will also stretch a little. To help break the strap in and make it more comfortable you can use saddle soap. Just apply a little and rub in. You could also do it the old way. Soak the strap in water for a few hours and then put it on and wear it all day. It will conform more to your wrist.

cigarben