When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clasp Swapping

woof*

I've been collecting after market bracelets, and a few gen clasps over the last few months. I was wondering if anyone knows a tutorial on how to swap them?

I have searched the forums with no luck so far...thanks in advance for any help! :)

"My understanding was they are pins..that you drive out and then drive them back in?"

The rivets seen on fliplock clasps etc are hollow tubes with rivets in each end. The common tube sizes are 1.0mm amd 1.2mm. The tubes usually have to be cut to size and fitted so the fliplock or hinge will not be too tight or too loose.

They are available from most material supply houses...J Borel, Cas-Ker etc.

Thanks auto, in this case I'm talking about the simple clasp like on jubilee or rivit.

Just the one pin that holds the first bracelet link to the clasp. I need to get that out somehow, swap to a gen clasp the get that pin back in.

I figured out how to do it. This is a cheaper rivet bracelet and now it has a nicer gen clasp. I used one of those blocks with crisscross slices through it to hold the bracelet. I used a tiny punch to drive the pin through. Swapped in the gen clasp then hammered the pin back in.

I know...simple..but for me it was a fun discovery! lol :)

1af99e3c.jpg

Woof you're on a roll with your rollie game :) how man gen clasps do u have? Any chance of a 93150 or 93250?

No sorry, I used to search inserts all the time, lately it's been clasps..just a couple of this kind so far :) no fliplocks.

That really looks great.I was able to do similarly on my Frankenjust.

A while ago I bought a gen 1680 clasp buckle with the hopes of simply swapping out with the rep one for it. Unfortunately the fliplock of the rep doesn't fold over onto the gen buckle properly so now I have a gen buckle that just sits in a box. Lesson learned, if you want to swap out a fliplock type like a Sub has, you probably have to buy the entire clasp and swap it.

I figured out how to do it. This is a cheaper rivet bracelet and now it has a nicer gen clasp. I used one of those blocks with crisscross slices through it to hold the bracelet. I used a tiny punch to drive the pin through. Swapped in the gen clasp then hammered the pin back in.

I know...simple..but for me it was a fun discovery! lol :)

Woof* - looks great :drinks:

You can also use a standard pin pusher tool - the type you screw in to push a pin from a bracelet link when you adjust your bracelet? Its the same principle.

Woof* - looks great :drinks:

You can also use a standard pin pusher tool - the type you screw in to push a pin from a bracelet link when you adjust your bracelet? Its the same principle.

Well duhhh!

Why didn't I think of that?...lol kinda obvious now that you said that...Thanks..I have a few of those tools laying around.

On the next one I will use that.... instead of a tiny punch and a block of steel as a hammer..lol :)

I got to this post late. So you're the one bidding on all of those gen clasps! lol The best way to do it is using the pin tool to resize the bracelets. Esslinger sells the pins/friction rivets if you ever want to install a new one(sometimes the metal gets tired)

E

No not me :whistling:

Thanks, I was wondering where to get new pins :)