When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Re-Lume......us Based.....who's The Go-To Guy For Reps?

duke1973

Forgive me for me NOOB question but I've searched and read several threads on the topic with not very much help.

I'm a total LUME FREAK and as we all know Reps are severely lacking in the lume deptartment. I have mainly Rolex reps and I love my DSSD but the lume is substandard and applied very badly. I've sent a few watches to Jack @ IWW and he does awesome work but I don't think he does reps??

So who do you guys use? Thanks in advance for your help!

Duke1973

Lume work is tricky, and someone who is not at the top of their game makes lumpy, crap lume. I would sent it to Vaccum (Vac's Mod Shop) if you are in the USA .. unless you have something truly insane to lume, like a FM Crazy Hours dial, then it's off the to the Canadian Spa.

I saw Everest watch was TD, has anyone used them?

Lume work is tricky, and someone who is not at the top of their game makes lumpy, crap lume. I would sent it to Vaccum (Vac's Mod Shop) if you are in the USA .. unless you have something truly insane to lume, like a FM Crazy Hours dial, then it's off the to the Canadian Spa.

Does Vac have a webby or do I just contact him through the forum?

• 3 weeks later...

But there's just one Zigmeister. You can't go wrong there.

That's absolutely true, Chief, but with Zig's current policy of "no new customers without a personal referral from an existing customer" there is little point in getting a new forum member's hopes up.

Everest Watch Works (that you had mentioned) does good work. I have an amazingly perfectly lumed rep PAM 156 GMT you can find pictures of in the Panerai area. I would put his work up against The Zigmeister's any day BUT -- and a big BUT -- you will wait forever. I was told a turnaround of 4-6 weeks and it was more like 3-4 months.

That said, PBdad does all of my modding. He's methodical, a great communicator and he's currently applying luminova to my genuine tritium-dialed Rolex 16220 datejust which should tell you how much faith I have in his work :1a:

• 3 weeks later...

Kent Parks of Everest Watch Works is a solid choice. He has usually has a 1-2 month turn around though as he does mostly all GEN watches. His work is just fantastic though. I mean literally AMAZING.

I agree with you 100%, I just think Mr. Parks should quote more realistic wait times and work on his communications (my e-mails went unanswered for very long periods of time).

Customer service is largely a part of the entire "experience," so to speak.

Just my .02

Just had Zig lume 3 of my watches recently and the work was absolutely flawless in every way. He must have a surgeon's hands to do what he does. Very professional and timely with communication on every step of the process.

In the end, everyone has their favorite modder, but it's great to know we've got a number of guys who do great work.