When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ap Roo Black Themes: Still A Classic. Lots Of Pics

dylan

I have come across a lot of pictures of the AP Black Themes, and its starting to grow on me lol.

Do you have any issues with the sec@12 movement?

My experience after owning about 6 diff. models???? It will fail within a year....2 tops if you're lucky. You could have it serviced ASAP or wait till it fails!

That's why I spent more money on the diver on mods and upgrade due to it's reliable movement!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the diver is rather bland

black themes is a goodie for a reason

Rather Bland????

Your kidding right? The diver is as good as it gets in the APROO line.

The Themes is a beautiful watch, but as far as the dial, bezel, strap, are concerned I would say it is rather bland compared to the diver.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.

Wear ability too is an issue. Most ROO's are too thick IMO. The Diver on the other hand is only 13.75...THIN TO WIN!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Greek,

My only experience has been with the newer movements with the extra jewel and with Francisco serviced/modded movements. I've had no problems. If you're concerned you could always pick up a Diver.

By the way...I picked up a Diver & a Safari this week. Safari was serviced by Francisco. I'm wearing the Diver right now and trying to decide if I want to let go of my black themes....

P1090494.jpg

Hi Dylan ..thanks for your reply.. those are some really nice watches good luck with them. ..as you can see I posted that on the 2nd Nov and couldn't wait.. so I bought a safari from Andrew. Keeps very good time until now. I din't know Francisco was back in the game of servicing.. last I heard was he was away... do you know approx how much he charges per service and also is a service absolutely imperative? I have found a local watch smith and he told me not to service the watch yet as it was running fine??

Hi Dylan ..thanks for your reply.. those are some really nice watches good luck with them. ..as you can see I posted that on the 2nd Nov and couldn't wait.. so I bought a safari from Andrew. Keeps very good time until now. I din't know Francisco was back in the game of servicing.. last I heard was he was away... do you know approx how much he charges per service and also is a service absolutely imperative? I have found a local watch smith and he told me not to service the watch yet as it was running fine??

Great choice on the Safari. I have one flying in from Asia as we speak. I also picked up the Diver. Francisco is out of service for now. My APs that got serviced by him was before when he was taking customers. I don't believe the service is imperative. I think if the watch is running well just enjoy it :)

Thx mate....yeah the Safari does look very very nice... I dont know if you have owned a safari rep before or seen one that your friend might have perhaps, but it feels pure CLASS and orgasmic as u unwrap it.

Ah... then you proceed to glance at the strap!! thats when the dream is shattered ..lol

I have a HKTAN strap coming in a few days (medium brown colour) that should be icing on the cake. I can see you have been putting some really nice straps on ur ROOs not sure which ones they are?

Thx mate....yeah the Safari does look very very nice... I dont know if you have owned a safari rep before or seen one that your friend might have perhaps, but it feels pure CLASS and orgasmic as u unwrap it.

Ah... then you proceed to glance at the strap!! thats when the dream is shattered ..lol

I have a HKTAN strap coming in a few days (medium brown colour) that should be icing on the cake. I can see you have been putting some really nice straps on ur ROOs not sure which ones they are?

I actually have a Safari coming in next week with a HKTan strap. Its from a member and had been serviced from Francisco.

Once that comes in I'll post some pics of my 5 APs in one photo shoot :)

The straps that have are....HKTan on Safari, Capalovaro from AP Bands on the Silver Themes, Rubber on Diver, AP Sharkskin on Black Themes.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you must choose between diver or black themes? Why not keep both? =P

But if i had to choose, and looking at your impressive collection, i'd say 'Diver'.

I'm thinking the same thing. The Diver came in and its impressive. I'll put up my Black themes when I get the time :)