When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Howto Install Stem For Sea Gull / St19 Movement

kittikatore

Hi,

I recently bought a nice speedmaster rep. with a ST19 movement from a fellow member here. Problem was that the stem was missing, but finally I could source a new one. Now I am wondering if I should install it on my own or get it done somewhere....

I only found how-to's on removing the stem, so my guess would be that installing is just the opposite?

- opening case

- pushing the "stem-release" button and insert stem

Can it be that easy? ;-) I have never worked on a movement before and would rate my overall technical skills at about 7,5 out of 10.

Thanks for your suggestions & thoughts!

You should not have to depress the stem release to reinsert. Although in some cases this does make it easier for those stuborn stems. The hardest part IMHO is getting the new stem just the right length. Takes a bit of trial and error. So long as you are patient it is not a hard job. Just make sure to start longer than you need and work your way shorter. Trialing in between adjustments.

@Ephry73. It has no stem per to OP. He is stuck with it where it is winding position or otherwise. Either way should be no problem.