When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Economists On The Board?

Dutchy

I have an essay I need proof-read by as many people as possible. Any economists here?? :)

The essay is about oil and is needed for my entrance to university (part of my internetional diploma here)

The title is:

"Black Gold: The quest to stabilize and secure oil pricing and demand in the interest of producers and consumers"

Not an ecconomist but willing to proof read. :)

Ken

Thanks Ken! I dont have a conclusion yet, still need to finish that. The limit is 4000 words and im already on 4200....grrr....oh well, I need to bring it down a little. A Shell executive liked it, as well as a consultant working for a Venezuelan oil company as well as my editor; my econ teacher.....so we'll see. Thanks for the offer, will get back to that ASAP!!!! ^_^

As i nearly finished my Master in energy economics you could sent it me too... but i coud help you only with the content...

Are you writing the essay incorporation with Shell or the Venezuelan Oil company resp. think about getting an job in one of these companies? If so try to write the essay mainly from their point of view...

Don't forget the point that oil will/could be compansated by other energies as the heating system will be changend from oil to gas, coal, woodpellets and so on... in a long term (5 or 10 years) if the prices are rising or extremly high... so the OPEC must be interested in oil-prices which aren't too high...

Here's your first correction: It's spelled ECONOMISTS. :D

It's not easy to type after pulling an all nighter. You would know about allnighters after being in Thailand ey? ;)

As i nearly finished my Master in energy economics you could sent it me too... but i coud help you only with the content...

Are you writing the essay incorporation with Shell or the Venezuelan Oil company resp. think about getting an job in one of these companies? If so try to write the essay mainly from their point of view...

Don't forget the point that oil will/could be compansated by other energies as the heating system will be changend from oil to gas, coal, woodpellets and so on... in a long term (5 or 10 years) if the prices are rising or extremly high... so the OPEC must be interested in oil-prices which aren't too high...

Dear Thor! The essay is meant for university. I follow a diploma programme called the IB (International Baccalaureate). In said diploma I need 50 hours of community service (ophanage work and helping out at fundraisers such as fahion shows and sports days in order to raise money for those infected with the HIV virus, etc), 50 hours of Creativity (Photography Club, Movie Club) and 50 hours of action (hikes, soccer, etc).

Apart from that I need to write an essay (up to 4000 words). As I plan on studying International Business starting next year I wanted to take a look at the bsuiness world, and as economics is closest to business in terms of my course selections at school, I decided on Economics. And since I live in Venezuela, it only made sense to write it on oil.

In regards to your mentioning about coals, etc. I have indeed included this with a diagram, stating what can be extracted, how, and what is most efficient. It's VERY difficult to stay away from politics as the feud with Venezuela and America certainly has not disappeared.

Thanks so much.

I have a BS in ECON from Berkeley (Class of 90), and would be happy to read it.

OK, so i am not that smart, nor that young (Eco major 1980 Stony Brook) but I will gladly look it over if you are interested in the views of a dumb old guy.