When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An Interesting Thread In Wus Iwc Area Regarding Frankens Iwc

jmarin.72

4 replies, and the post died in a day with no further comments, seems as if it's a non issue, best to leave it alone...

And anyway, what's the big deal, there is a huge Grey Market for everything out there, from Camera's to Watches, it's all very silly how they go on like drama queen's...

I wonder how many of these folks drive a high end car.....that...wait for it....has AFTERMARKET parts on it...like an oil filter, or brake pads...and maybe even the muffler...so does that make the car a "fake", not at all, and neither does making up a watch with a mixture of genuine parts, don't like it, go to the AD and buy it new, and then you know for sure.

:)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I hear what you say Zig and im with that all the way.

But if iwc gets his address, name ect ect they could start some real nasty [censored] with concepta and they could turn him out side in! I wouldent want to walk around in conceptas shoes now. If it was me i would go stealth for a while!

And i realy think that its one from the rep forums that started that topic, and who knows if iwc isent contacted already!

I guess it all depends on where he is sourcing the parts, the reality is that he's putting together a genuine watch, with genuine parts and pieces, I am not sure what he is doing that is not acceptable...

I would have thought that this type of post on that forum would generate much more reaction, but it seems to be a non-issue.

Now, if that was posted on Time Zone, look out, the majority of those folks are wacked in the head...

Gen parts are not illegal. And owning a frankenstein is not illegal. Even building one isn't. And it is not like there is only one person regularly sourcing those parts. I do suspect that if IWC finds out which distributor, AD or certified watchsmith is selling those parts he is toast.

And on the dramatic post, wouldn't you be angry if you saw someone else wearing your watch at half the price? :)