When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts On The Calibre De Cartier Rep

Legend

I am thinking of buying the Calibre de Cartier rep, in white face.

Can I have some opinions on the watch, in terms of the replication accuracy and movement quality, please?

I did search the forum and found a review of the watch that someone has bought. I know its not a very expensive rep, but I would like to get more opinions on this one before taking the (little) plunge.

Thank you for your responses.

I bought one of the cheaper versions a few months back to see if I liked it. Strap was not good and I hate buckles so I popped on a new strap with deployant. Nice-- I liked it. Black face. Based on this I just pulled the trigger on the new version from Josh.

This one has a 2824 engine, more accurate face (got a white one this time), and the Cartier style deployant. Much better and really happy with it. If you like the design, go for it. Josh is great.

Thanks Doc.. I noticed the more "upmarket" rep version with an A-2824 movement was only recently released, but I have been eyeing the watch since its "cheaper" rep sibling days.

Would you recommend a white or black face? I am seriously intending to place my order within the next 24hrs!

I just received this Calibre de Cartier replica from Robert. It seems nicely made, and very substantial. A few quick observations:

1. The crystal on the front is domed and appears to be sapphire (by the water drop test).

2. The links have screws (small, and easy to lose, ask me how I know...) on each side, and a bar in between, with two half links for adjustment. I removed 1.5 links to fit my 6.75" wrist.

3. The date is very slightly obscured by the arrow in the middle of the date aperture when looking at the watch face on.

4. The hands are lumed (weak), and only the four indices at 12, 3, 6, and 9 on the chapter ring are lumed.

5. The rehaut is fluted, like the gen.

Compared to the ETA version from the cartel, the petite seconds subdial appears to be more correctly placed, as it is not supposed to intersect the chapter ring. The movement in the display caseback is a clear tell, but I guess the same could be said of the ETA movement, although a silver colored sandblasted asian 21j movement might have been less glaring than the gold tone 21j movement that this watch has.

Okay, now to some quick wrist shots.

DSC00884.jpg

DSC00885.jpg

DSC00886.jpg

I like it a lot, very solid, and the domed sapphire crystal is a nice touch. The dial is nicely finished, even under a loupe.

The SS bracelet has a very substantial double deployant with button release, and it looks like it'll last. One thing is that the links are huge, and thus, so are the half-links, which makes it a bit more difficult to get a perfect fit to the bracelet. For example, on my 6.75" wrist, I use 4 links on one side, and 3.5 links on the other side.

Excellent value for the $129 I paid for it.

Edited by calatrava

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Does anyone know if Robert's version of the Calibre is still available at trusted dealers? I think the watch revieved in this thread has better dial than even the latest version (available at one of TD's from june 2012) and would really like to get my hands on one....

I would try Watch International in the TD section .... they can source some lesser common versions including older versions... send them an Email mate :)

Let us know how you get on...

Yeah,been thinking about it.Bought 4 reps this year allready from Mary/Rochest duo;) The thing that concerns me is that there are at least 3 versions of the rep and could take quite some time to get the right one. The last time I ordered Chopard gran turismo gmt xl from them,it took them almost a month to get black instead of white and gmt instead of regular model.I found the exact same watch as calatrava's at kuvarsit website (not trusted dealer,but got quite a lot of compliments at RWI) and almost ordered it but found out the lug/case flaw.Hehe,that's what I get for wanting a perfect rep for 130 bucks;) I'll probably get it anyway,from Mary or kuvarsit, and if so, res assured I'll post some pics :)

• 4 months later...