When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep And Gen Iwc Black Flieger Ss Chrono

MJP

Guest porsche356a

Hi MJP,

You are comparing 2 different models. The Gen you have pictured is a Doppelchronograph (ref. 3713) and the other, the Rep, is supposed to be the Pilots Chrono (ref. 3706). In which case the dial is pretty close to the GEN. The only anomaly I see is that the sub dials at 6 and 12 have no outline, the fonts are a tad bigger, and the second hand for the chrono, and the subdial hands are supposed to be white.

The "swiss made" and "t swiss made t" script on the bottom are both correct as sometime between 98 and 2001 IWC switched. Other than that its quite good. The Backis a bit off but its pretty darn close.

Just get a GEN dial, ebay has them from time to time, very inexpensive. And with little effort, you'll have a 3706 thats pretty dead on. :victory: This is one of my most favorite 7750 based watches. :wub:

I Hope this helps. Let me know if you pull the trigger, and we'll do a side by side comparo via pics.

:group:

Hi MJP,

You are comparing 2 different models. The Gen you have pictured is a Doppelchronograph (ref. 3713) and the other, the Rep, is supposed to be the Pilots Chrono (ref. 3706). In which case the dial is pretty close to the GEN. The only anomaly I see is that the sub dials at 6 and 12 have no outline, the fonts are a tas bigger, and the second hand for the chrono is supposed to be white.

The "swiss made" and "t swiss made t" script on the bottom are both correct as sometime between 98 and 2001 IWC switched. Other than that its quite good.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you pull the trigger, and we'll do a side by side comparo via pics.

:group:

Thanx 4 the info. Yeah, if you have (easy)access/url to the right gen photo, I'll switch it out in the post...that would be great.

I wish Bricky would have seen this thread when he was a wee young poster :lol:

137442-17891.jpg

sorry this gen is not ss

BTW did you know there was a MÉCA-QUARTZ FLIEGERCHRONOGRAPH as well?

Another "t swiss t" issue. I had not previously noticed no "t"'s on the rep. But, IMHO, paint those subdial hands white and you have a pretty darn good rep. :thumbsupsmileyanim: The year of IWC. :3a:

Studying the pic in my 2005 catalogue it looks as if the minute hand may be too short. The Spitfire chronograph face appears to be much more accurate.