When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All Rolex Experts,need Opinoin

alifizan

Lugs and crown guards (where the bracelet attaches to the case and where the crown seats) are usually the dead give aways. It's been my experiance that most guys start with lug mods, crown guard mods i.e. CG's...the lume on the reps are usually decent but many a rep buyer chooses to have the dial relumed. Good news is there is many modders around that do this kind of work. As suggested, buy the rep..wear it and decide if you really want to invest in modding the watch. Occasionally modded reps come up for sale in the FS threads, you can get a shot at those from time to time as well.

The ceramic subs are so new that a really GOOD version is still to come, hell I remember when 16610 subs were all the rage and we all bitched about the flaws, the 16610 reps now are KILLER in my opinion. So you might wanna hang out for a year or two till really good versions hit the market. Remember most ALL the dealer reps come out of the same factory/factories so very little differences in authenticity exsist. That's MY opinion only.

Good Hunting,

Rob

Good Luck

So what do you think rob should I not buy that Rolex sub ceramic from trevors Web site, if I did buy it how could I go about improving the lug problem, isn't the lug part of the main body of the head, would I have to get a new casing, are there any other problems that you can see with that watch, thanks

I doubt if anyone has tried a gen bezel insert since I hear they go for about $800 and aren't available to the general public. Probably, the crystal isn't interchangeable as they aren't on any of the new Subs other than the WM9 models. The CG's are fine and the solid end links aren't really moddable. They are what they are............

The only good mod available that I've heard of is BK just got in a bunch of new Superlumed dials and hand sets. I doubt if he'll sell them separately though so if that's what you want, you might as well buy from him.

If you're bound and determined to mod something, buy an older model Sub with more flaws. And more gen parts availability.