When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should We Post A "timewasters" List?

ocram

Being a lurker for a while isnt bad advice, I think I"ll take it. I didnt mean to or think I was being arguementive or disrepectful. If I was I appoligze to all. If anyone is so incline please point out my transgression in a PM. I dont what to be the cause of this thread being locked or turning this thread into a flamer.

If I came off wrong it wasnt my intention just trying to give my humble opinion.

Being a lurker for a while isnt bad advice, I think I"ll take it. I didnt mean to or think I was being arguementive or disrepectful. If I was I appoligze to all. If anyone is so incline please point out my transgression in a PM. I dont what to be the cause of this thread being locked our turning this thread into a flamer.

If I came off wrong it wasnt my intention just trying to give my humble opinion.

No problem Hartdoc..I have a feeling you are going to have a great time here. If I can ever be of any assistance...dont hesitate.. :) Mike...Classy post btw.

as qouted by subbierock

I've isolated a few interesting phrases I thought I might comment on from this self-confessed newbie.

I find it interesting that you feel a sense of entitlement to private sellers answering your questions because you are paying them money for their products. Reasonable questions concerning the item are fine, but I find it odd that you feel you are owed any more than that, simply for paying someone for their property.

I never said what questions I was asking you have already taken the defense thinking my questions are unreasonable. They are reasonable from a newbie stand point.

Your mention that sellers should 'educate' you is patently ridiculous. You are responsible in educating yourself, by spending the time to sort through and read the vast body of knowledge that had been compiled over many years (for free) by members who contribute their time and energy for no other reason than their personal passion for their hobby.

Like I said before all the people Ive dealt with so far have been more than willing to bring me along in my education. If I decided to spend my money with people who are willing to help me isnt ridiculous. It has helped me be able to not make poor choices and spend my money wisely .So I dont have to be a whiner and post threads about how this or that dealer/seller gave me the raw deal. I'll have all my concerns answers before I make a purchase not after. If something isnt to my standards I'll just walk away. Remember its buy the seller first then the watch,

Flashing money around, and expecting private sellers to go above and beyond for you simply for buying their items for sale is PRECISELY the sense of personal entitlement such a list would identify.

Wasnt flashing money just making a point that there are prob a lot more people like me that can afford gens but are interested in reps. If it seem that way my error. Why drive away not only potential buyers who my one come here looking for one watch but potential members who can and will add to this friendly board. When did I say I expect a buyer to go above and beyond. I expect them to answer questions a buyer question about the watch their selling. Its sound like if youre a seller we should just buy it or not buy it. A rather elitisted of this hobby. Sounds rather repgeekish,

There is nothing more frustrating than spending time and energy patiently answering a potential buyer's questions, to find them later not considerate enough to thank you for your time when they choose not to purchase your item.

That just the name of the game on any board not just hear. I just sold over 20 gens this month and had over 150 inquires. I usually put two things in my sales ad.

1) 3 day inspection period if watch isnt as described and I encourge to ask all questions up front

2) I wont hold a watch, first one that pays get it.

You're still new, I imagine your views will change dramatically when you encounter people with similar entitlement issues to your own.

I think you have mistaking me for a newbie altogether. I'm a newbie to rep not to watch collection. I'm just expect to buyer to treat seller them same way I treat sellers. If you think about about the dealers/ sellers that are praised, Josh, Mary, KB, etc... it usually revolve around how well they comminucated with the sellers new or otherwise.

Welcome to the forum, I hope though, for your sake as well as the rest of us, that you strongly reconsider your ideas about purchasing from the private sellers on the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope we can agree to disargee. You seem like a nice guy with a lot of knowledge that gotten tired of the tire kickers. I'm not a tire kicker. I just want to make sure I purchase wisely. I hope to one day to be able to PM you with question on a subject that you are knowledgable in and maybe one day even call you a friend.

Also for all those who have PM me regarding my intial post on this subject. Thanks for all the friendly and kinds words. I here to stay unless I get banned. Since I dont plan to voilate any policy i'm here to stay.

Always happy to agree to disagree :) I think your clarifications made things a bit clearer both to me and the rest of the guys here. The purpose of the sales thread is to sell watches, which should be accurately described by the sellers to avoid buyer disappointment. But when a new FS post goes live, and 20 people PM you asking the most banal questions that are 1) already answered in the post and 2) seriously lowballing, then it really cheapens the whole selling experience.

@KB hit the nail on the head, this is not a department store, and nor should buyers treat it as such. I asked KB a few questions recenty about an item in question. His responses were quick-fire, direct and courteous; everything a seller should aspire to be.

Private sellers have been equally courteous, but always to the point. The post is, after all, about selling a watch. Diatribes about histories of the marque, origins of models etc are all best left to the appropriate sections on the forum, and not in a PM regarding a FS post.

It sounds like you already come to the board with a fair degree of knowledge and expertise, I hope not to have made you in any way unwelcome, rather simply to suggest a thought process that is fair and equitable for all :)

- I had an idea. We should write an RWG constitution :)

"We the people (of RWG)... :drinks: