When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Looking For A Vj72 Daytona Case Set?

Guest avitt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have you planned to get the engravings done?

BTW what dials did you use for your watches, did you get them from DW?

i have taken dial some time ago from an expo...an original one

the engravings.... there are many possibilities.... but i prefer to not think about and to give all to a people who make these things....

not now.... i will do this in the next time...

my actual project is a vintage 6202.... if i find a right case.....

a bit too pricey in my opinion... ive seen some of these sell for less...

The seller had it on auction for a while, with only one day left the price was at 100USD + thats when the auction ended and the item was relisted as buy-it-now...

what?!? a bit too pricey ?!?!? ....you can't find these parts so easy.....when you find them ...there are no price....

I am sticking with my DW with mystery movement. That mystery movement (pause to knock on wood) is losing well under a minute a week. :) Better than the gen. :lol:

It's a decent movement, if you are willing to forego the chronograph function of your Daytona. They keep time very accurately...but the chono portion is abysmal. And, the movement cannot be maintained, as parts aren't commonly available. (I rebuilt one myself, and it took parts from 3 separate movements to build one good one).

That's why you hear all the chatter on the boards from people building VJ72 and VJ23 frankens...there is no suitable alternative.

It's a decent movement, if you are willing to forego the chronograph function of your Daytona. They keep time very accurately...but the chono portion is abysmal. And, the movement cannot be maintained, as parts aren't commonly available. (I rebuilt one myself, and it took parts from 3 separate movements to build one good one).

That's why you hear all the chatter on the boards from people building VJ72 and VJ23 frankens...there is no suitable alternative.

about val 23 ... two compass.... vintage (very vintage) rolex chrono has used simply engraved val 23 for some reference ..... do you know if exists some kit for these very vintage chrono?

i have seen some similar some time ago ... right reference was "the Medical Chronograph" ref 3525 .. ... i will do a topic this evening about these ...

titled "how to use a simple val 23" ....