When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Google Listings

jeff g

While searching for quality photos of the gen AP Diver, i was shocked to see a google listing of a post that I made here concerning my rep diver.

Photos, dialouge, names, the entire post.

Can someone tell me how and why my post was added to google listings of photos of the AP diver?

I am not amused.

All crawable content is index by google. Unless content is denied crawling through varitea of options chosen by the publisher.

IMO there is no single reason for the RWG admin not to allow content to be indexed on google. Ask a mod to change your nick if you want more anonimity.

Edited by slickdick

happens all the time. nothing new. i often see google results with topics ive posted in regards to vintage rolex pieces.

it gets added because of the way google crawls the internet for certain keywords and often searched words and relevance of said words. this forum is also not encrypted and google can crawl anything... how do you think most people find this place to begin with? sometimes its handy however, especially when certain posts have gone 404 after forum upgrades you can still read them by checking the google cache of the page, even without logging in to rwg :D

Oh I see???? Still not amused.

Too much information available these days.

Assuming that anything you put on the net is fair game, is not fair.

Oh well, thanks for the explanations.

Will this google listing ever just go away, or is it there forever?

Edited by jeff g

Will this google listing ever just go away, or is it there forever?

No, it is forever (or until Google & whoever may purchase their data stores in the future goes away). For a laugh, read this from a few years ago.

The data might go away, at some point, if/when the universe ends, but not before. And there is no guarantee even then. ;)

Oh I see???? Still not amused. Too much information available these days. Assuming that anything you put on the net is fair game, is not fair. Oh well, thanks for the explanations. Will this google listing ever just go away, or is it there forever?

There are forum posts of mine on Google from 1992.

I hope that answers your question.