When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where is Francisco?

janchik

I guess another way to look at It is...thank god for these moders..where would we be without them?

As we all know..It's very difficult to find competent people to work on are reps outside of the rep community.

I dont see the problem.....If a moder cant work on a rep for whatever reason..then he sends It back....and of course he should never take on more work that he can handle.

I think the Zigmeister is a very good example of just this.

I would also think a watchmaker/ moder could make a reasonable desent (side) living offering such services.

I for one hope that Francisco returns when he gets things sorted...I personaly have learned a great deal from the gentlemen.

That being said...I do wish he would have dealt with this/his situation In a more professional manor...It takes just a few minutes to post a "heads up"..If you will.

Two pennies from me. :)

Mike

+1 on that bro!

That being said...I do wish he would have dealt with this/his situation In a more professional manor...It takes just a few minutes to post a "heads up"..If you will.

That is a thought that has run round and round my little brain every time we've seen the start of a forum train wreck when it comes to modders/smiths walking away with watches and or money. Given the technology available to us today, and all the ways one can access the web, there is no acceptable reason why people can't communicate their situation. Even the simplest post of "Uh oh, the SHTF, more details later" would give at least some kinds of heads up. *Shakes head* I just don't get it.

WR

That is a thought that has run round and round my little brain every time we've seen the start of a forum train wreck when it comes to modders/smiths walking away with watches and or money. Given the technology available to us today, and all the ways one can access the web, there is no acceptable reason why people can't communicate their situation. Even the simplest post of "Uh oh, the SHTF, more details later" would give at least some kinds of heads up. *Shakes head* I just don't get it.

WR

"I just dont get it"

Nor do I...makes no sense whatsoever.

Mike

I am grateful that I've received my watches.. I've used francisco numerous times (he's my modder of choice as I'm located in spain), and I've never had anything less than the best service from him. He's a great watchsmith and has contributed a great deal to the forum. I became aware that he had some personal issues (nothing more specific than that) about 2 months ago on one of the spanish forums. I didnt say anything earlier on this forum, as it would have been opening a can of worms.

I for one, share most of you guys' opinion in that , in this day in age, it's very difficult to believe that there was never 2 minutes in your life that could have been used to communicate briefly that personal issues have delayed your watch work. But, i will give francisco the benefit of the doubt, as we know nothing about his circumstances and what happened. I wish him the best and hope that he'll be open for business in the near future!

I have noticed this phenomenon in other hobbies, it's not just watch modders. The same thing happens with guitars and amp builders/repairman, guns etc.

A very talented guy comes along with a service or product and gains popularity, and then gets overwhelmed or has personal problems... and then just disappears.

Very sorry to hear about his personal issues. in spite of the lack of communication the important thing is Francisco is doing the right thing and getting watches back to their owners. :)

So true. Unlike some of the other horror stories we've seen, this one seems to have tome to a more timely and positive close

WR

What ever the situation Francisco finds himself in, I wish him all the best and hope to see him back posting soon. However, I do agree that some sort of message would have been nice, but the good thing is there is always opportunity to bring integrity back into any situation with simple communication.