When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crown height, phong, yuki, ndt...

candide2424

Hello,

I am almost sure about the answer, but i will still ask the question.

Wrt crown height, even though MBW case is a good basis for frankens, it was designed for an ETA and therefore the crown height is too low. What about the aforementioned cases? They were designed to be fitted with gen movements so my guess is that the height should be good. Am i wrong?

Partially.

If a case is made to fit a gen movement, then the crown should be aligned properly.

My gen-powered Double Red has an MBW mid-case & the crown (also gen) looks centered to me

1665stem20031.jpg

triplock20011.jpg

Excellent !

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

it would be true that the crown height on cases made to accept rolex movements should be the standard height when compared with the original. but it could also be perception.

depending on the eta movement it is typically found to have a lower crown height when using 28XX movement cases.

looking at a yuki 5513 case the tube appears to be higher rather than lower, but is the case just thicker?

i cant really see phongs or ndts well enough to form an opinion.

to tell you the truth its not something i would worry too much about, its marginal at best

it would be true that the crown height on cases made to accept rolex movements should be the standard height when compared with the original. but it could also be perception.

depending on the eta movement it is typically found to have a lower crown height when using 28XX movement cases.

looking at a yuki 5513 case the tube appears to be higher rather than lower, but is the case just thicker?

i cant really see phongs or ndts well enough to form an opinion.

to tell you the truth its not something i would worry too much about, its marginal at best

but it means alot for some, IMHO... ;)

Sent from my SGSII