When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Horrible dealing with trusted dealer - who do I tell

HartDoc

I'm having an awful experience with a TD here. I wont post any details in an open forum, just not my style. I pretty sure I can write off my $250. I understand sometimes things go south in the rep world.

But I think someone (mods or admins) need to know the details of the interactions and broken promises by one of the TDs. To help protect other members if this isnt a one time case and is really a pattern for this dealer.

I dont expect someone to get my money back or make things right with that dealer. I've already consider my money gone.

-Please if your not a mod or a admin. Dont PM me to ask who it is.I maybe the one who isnt doing things correctly and dont want to falsely accuse.

• Like 1

I cant even start to imagine the situation

Hartdoc..send one of the mods a message telling them what has happened.

Unless It is something that I have never heard of before...you will get your watch or money back.....please take heart...doc;)

Good luck and keep us posted.

Mike

+1 mate

Really sorry to hear of your woes mate... I truly hope you get things sorted... and I am sure if they can then the mods will help especially if the TD has broken his promises to you subsequent to discussing your issue with your order...

I think whatever the outcome though that you should provide a review of your experience in the relevant dealers section.... I do mean once its resolved one way or the other...

Good Luck mate :)

I'm having an awful experience with a TD here. I wont post any details in an open forum, just not my style. I pretty sure I can write off my $250. I understand sometimes things go south in the rep world.

But I think someone (mods or admins) need to know the details of the interactions and broken promises by one of the TDs. To help protect other members if this isnt a one time case and is really a pattern for this dealer.

I dont expect someone to get my money back or make things right with that dealer. I've already consider my money gone.

-Please if your not a mod or a admin. Dont PM me to ask who it is.I maybe the one who isnt doing things correctly and dont want to falsely accuse.

Sent you a PM.

Personally, I like the way this issue is broached. Most new guys with 85 posts start screaming fraud when something doesn't arrive in a week, or breaks - or else they just sit and absorb the loss, wondering if that's the way things are. By all means, run the story by an Admin, see what they say, and go from there.

Bill

Personally, I like the way this issue is broached. Most new guys with 85 posts start screaming fraud when something doesn't arrive in a week, or breaks - or else they just sit and absorb the loss, wondering if that's the way things are. By all means, run the story by an Admin, see what they say, and go from there.

Bill

+1

• Like 1

I agree, I think this thread was posted in the correct way, it will hopefully help the OP get his problem solved (main reason for this thread right now), and show the dealer in question he could be named and shamed in an instant in an ongoing forum thread if nothing is done :)

Not everything need be done via PM, and if you can't see the point of a thread, that leaves another question, why post in it? :p

Or it shows how these issues should be solved in a decent way.

IMO it's useful to post the MO

Carpe Diem

Cats

I agree with Cats...sometimes a memeber needs to vent or get rid of some frustration.

This is a preferred way to go about It...I would think.

I remember when I orderd my first rep...I was nervious as hell. :sweatdrop:

I honestly dont know how I would have reacted If things didnt go according to plan.

This member is relatively new to the rep world...all things considered....I think he handled the situation well.

Mike

Semi update.

I told my story to the admin team.

Wasnt looking for any intervention on their part. I dont see them as a transaction police. I have a duty to read the boards, do my own research, and chose my TD that will fit my needs.

Still working with the dealer. I think they are trying to make it right but.....

Yes the dealer has been breaking promises to correct to the issue. but the bottom line is the only option to correct any watch problem is to send the watch back to the dealer regardless on what is agreed upon.

I have to give praise to the admin team

1) They contacted me based on this post

2) They took my issue to the team

3) Within a few days they gave me constructive feedback on how to handle the issue and how to prevent further issues with dealers.

I wont repost any PM's but maybe redwatch will do a sticky on what he PM'd me. I think it will be helpful not just to newbies but for some seasoned guys too. It may cut down on the slamming of TD in the open forum when the buyer have some responsiblity in these interaction.

I will post more feedback once the issue has resolved.

Edited by HartDoc

i cant see the point of the post either

if you are only going to talk to admin, just PM them - this thread has no info to warn others about and just causes angst

Respectfully, I disagree -- there are two purposes/benefits here that I can see.

1. This guy is new. He does not know, and could not know, what his options might be. He is telling us about the problem, explaining what he believed to have been his best option, and thereby invited anyone with an opinion and/or observation to make recommendations.

2. This has also generated a great deal of useful discussion as to how best to deal with problems here. Third parties reading the responses, especially others who are new, would understand that list members overwhelmingly agree that certain other reactions, reactions that we have all seen from time to time, are inappropriate and disapproved.

Just my .02

Bill

I agree that the OP had every right and cause to post his problem.

It's too bad that it takes the time of the customer who has paid the price to try to resolve the issue, and then when it is not resolved timely, he has to contact the admin team. It's not a "trusted dealer" by any stretch but a dealer who has not responded until his feet have been held to the fire.

I think that the problem here is that the rep sellers contribute some cash to the site and are not looked at as a problem regardless of how many problems occur as long as it can be "worked out" by the admin team after some serious heartburn for the purchaser and then a dramatic "solution" which only amounts to what was promised and sold in the first place.

I have largely taken my rep purchasing elsewhere. Other sites tend to just eliminate sellers after several failures. It's past time for that to happen here. Years ago, reps were so hard to find and purchase that it was really wonderful that someone would intervene to help with a purchase gone wrong. Some don't realize that five or ten years have passed and that the issue has changed dramatically.

I really enjoy reading about how well a watch is packaged and that the damage was the shippers fault.

"It was perfect when we shipped it " Too many excuses from certain TDs around here. I never spent my own money to send a watch back.

If the watch needed repairs from bad workmanship the TD would help cover the cost.

After buying reps from most of the TD around here you find out very quickly which ones will take care of you with minimal hassle.

UPDATE

The TD finally made good on his promises. So here is the very condensed version

1) received 2 damage watches

2) Contacted the TD asap with pics

3) TD requested that I send the watch back to him. He would pay for shipping both ways

4) I asked if it was ok to get it fixed in the CONUS. since the cost would be about the same. He agreed

5) Pbdad fixed one of the watches. Thanks PBDAD !!!

6) The other watch still isnt repaired the TD asked if he could refund me the xxx amount for the watch.

7)I stated it maybe best for both of us if he just get me credit towards a future purchase. He agreed,

8 ) I chose to purchase softgoods rather than a watch,

This where the issues arose. Communication just fell apart. It took several days to weeks for the TD to respond

9) about 40 emails and almost 2 months after I order the softgoods. Still no confirmation that he even got my order.

10) I was asked repeatedly what did I want to order and what was the orignal agreement

So yesterday not only did I get the softgoods but I also got the parts that was thought to fixed the still broken watch.

So 3 months later dealer came thru and then some. I just needed patience