When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordering A Rep Plus Another Question

Hi,

New here, and I think I'm missing something obvious. When you order a rep, is it always a gamble with it getting through customs? What percentage of orders simply arrive at your door?

I think I'm a little different than most folks here in that I really don't care if the watch is a replica at all. For example, a watch that is in a sturdy "sub" case. eta guts, and a totally blank face would suit me fine. If you find such a thing however, they are generally more expensive than the replica. I'd really like to try the Asian Unitas movement in something other than a Pam or that one Omega rep. Suggestions along these lines welcomed.

I think Kenberg may be a bit LOW on that guess... I'd be guessing more along the lines of 98-99% arrive safely... Dealers would obviouslly know best, but would any of them be willing to post the actual stats... guessing not... research your dealers a bit... the trusted ones here, with the positive reviews in the review section, will make good on a customs snagged watch...other dealers post in their listings that the customs risk is all the buyers... read up.

.........For example, a watch that is in a sturdy "sub" case. eta guts, and a totally blank face would suit me fine. If you find such a thing however, they are generally more expensive than the replica. ..........

If you do not care for "brands you cuold try a Invicta 9937/38. Eta 2824, Sapphire, top class case, fantastic bracelet, hacking, beautiful details etc. IMHO a bargain at appr $300. But you won't find it here.

If you do not care for "brands you cuold try a Invicta 9937/38. Eta 2824, Sapphire, top class case, fantastic bracelet, hacking, beautiful details etc. IMHO a bargain at appr $300. But you won't find it here.

I've ordered 10 reps from different dealers. All made it just fine. I am awaiting 2 reps from a member though that is taking a while but I am positive they will arrive.

I've seen those, not bad. I also like the Sandoz Singapore, but they seem to be hard to find. Anybody else? I'd really like to try the Asian Unitas, but I don't really want a Pam rep.

If you really don't care about the brand etc of a watch, I find that many decent quality watches can be had at your local Dept store and even sometimes drug stores... nothing fancy but I have had and seen many $20-50 watches that last well over 5 years, perform well and are comfortable.

I think Kenberg may be a bit LOW on that guess... I'd be guessing more along the lines of 98-99% arrive safely... Dealers would obviouslly know best, but would any of them be willing to post the actual stats... guessing not... research your dealers a bit... the trusted ones here, with the positive reviews in the review section, will make good on a customs snagged watch...other dealers post in their listings that the customs risk is all the buyers... read up.

How about shipping reps from U.S. to Canada, and back (for example, shipping a rep to The Zigmeister for service), what are the custom risks?

If you really don't care about the brand etc of a watch, I find that many decent quality watches can be had at your local Dept store and even sometimes drug stores... nothing fancy but I have had and seen many $20-50 watches that last well over 5 years, perform well and are comfortable.

I'm looking for quality in and out, not quartz movement in a plastic case.

Ask the dealers if they can send you a watch without a dial, then you can find an appropriate dial to fit... perhaps a company can produce a design of your own ?

Or you could get all the parts - ETA movements are easy to come by, especially the standard non-chrono of 2824-2 and 2836-2. Asian or Swiss Unitas, decorated, is available from dealers. You can even get Tourbillon1801 (member here, look in Trading Zone under Accessories) to put together a watch for you with no company logos. Swiss Unitas with no decoration is around $70 from ofrei.com who are in the US. You can find lots of cases on ebay and there are lots of places that do straps too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ask the dealers if they can send you a watch without a dial, then you can find an appropriate dial to fit... perhaps a company can produce a design of your own ?

Or you could get all the parts - ETA movements are easy to come by, especially the standard non-chrono of 2824-2 and 2836-2. Asian or Swiss Unitas, decorated, is available from dealers. You can even get Tourbillon1801 (member here, look in Trading Zone under Accessories) to put together a watch for you with no company logos. Swiss Unitas with no decoration is around $70 from ofrei.com who are in the US. You can find lots of cases on ebay and there are lots of places that do straps too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The "roll your own" option would be great, but I don't have the know-how. Know of any websites dedicated to watch crafters? According to Ofrei, if you think you can buy a movement and a case and assemble such into a watch, you are mistaken.

Also, any soure for the Asian Unitas or 7750 clone movements?

How would you find a case on ebay that you know is big enough for the Unitas, for example?

Look at tourbillon's section and email him, he's the one who can advise you and supply the parts, and possibly even put it together for you.

If you get all the parts and don't want to do it yourself, you could ask one of the modders to do it, should be easy enough for them. :thumbsupsmileyanim: