When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Breitling for a 6.5 inch wrist

zaza

I have a relatively small wrist (6.5 inches), and although I heard many people say it's great since it gives the body nicer proportions and makes your arms look bigger, it's definitely not helping with my selection of diving watches.

I saw a nice Genuine Breitling Avenger Skyland (45mm) on eBay the other day, but if it's gonna look bulky then I guess I'll just pass on it.

I need your opinion folks before taking hasty decisions. What's the best Breitling (Preferably a Chronograph) to match a small wrist?

Two opinions are always better than one.

NB: I own a Rolex Sea Dweller, it's 43mm according to Rolex, and it looks nice on my wrist.

Thank you :)

post-39466-0-93697100-1318542108.jpg

Edited by zaza

I think you will be surprised how well a Skyland Avenger will sit on your wrist. The curved lugs should hug your wrist and look good.

I have 6.75" wrists and consistently wear 44mm cases and even have a 50mm U-BOAT in regular rotation. For me, it's about the length of the lugs.

• Like 1

if non-chrono preference, i'd go with a Colt or Steelfish...

if chrono - I agree with all above, you need to try them on, but most fit the diameter of your 6.5" wrist - but its more about the thickness you are comfortable with or not...many Breits are thick!....

if non-chrono preference, i'd go with a Colt or Steelfish...

if chrono - I agree with all above, you need to try them on, but most fit the diameter of your 6.5" wrist - but its more about the thickness you are comfortable with or not...many Breits are thick!....

Who offers a rep of the Colt ?? I can't say that I've seen any currecntly available.

In all honesty,. I would say the Skyland Avenger will be jsut about right for you...I have a chronomat B01 which is the same sort of size and I actually think its perfect for my 7'' wrist.

as said previously, most Ling's have some bulk to them...

pluck up the courage and go for it!! You wont regret

You guys rock!

Thanks for the generous replies and valuable opinions (especially those supported with pictures). I just love that Sky dial, probably the best Breitling Rep ever made too.. The watch has a sporty character of its own. Guess I'll just go for it ;)

I think you will be surprised how well a Skyland Avenger will sit on your wrist. The curved lugs should hug your wrist and look good.

I have 6.75" wrists and consistently wear 44mm cases and even have a 50mm U-BOAT in regular rotation. For me, it's about the length of the lugs.

Acute observation DuD, you're totally right. It's mostly how it sits on your wrist. I saw it adorn bigger wrists then mine but was appalled by the number (45mm).

I had a beautiful Gen. Breitling Chronomat Evo. (the two tone C13356 43mm 18K Red Gold version with blue dial) and it fit nicely. Had to sell it on eBay for an upgrade..

Hard to narrow it down. It's really what YOU like the best. Go into a dealer and try several on. If there is a mirror, hold the watch up and bracelet against your chest. Look in the mirror and see how others see it, instead of just looking down at it. This is how I have chosen every watch since a salesman showed me the trick at Tourneau. If you are looking for a straight up diving watch, check out http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?action=categories I'm a dive instructor and have heard nothing but good things about these watches.

How about a Superocean abyss? I have 6.7" wrists and asked this very question which lead me to choosing the abyss. Apart from being a great rep I think it's an excellent fit for my wrist size. Just for the record 40/42mm is my 'normal' choice and the 44mm Pam 005 (which is also amazing!) is as large as I can wear without it looking (and feeling) oversized.

Here's how the abyss wears on a 6.7" wrist:

d48b540c-7dae-83e0.jpg