When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch modder with quick turnaround - Sub 16610

umarion

Hello everyone,

I'm relatively still in my noob phase, though I've acquired quite a good amount of knowledge by reading around. I got myself a like new wm9 v3 about a month ago with a gen insert which I absolutely admire! Immediately after I got it I started shopping around and managed to snag up a gen crystal and a gen dial. I'm also looking for a gen crown and clasp soon.

My question is, among our modders, who has the quickest turnaround time if I send it out to install the crystal and dial? Also maybe a movement service (although the watch is pretty darn accurate ever since I got it. -2 sec/day constant)?

Please let me know your thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of my 16610 in the sun :)

d5c4c39a.jpg

Thanks blue_sphere,

I agree with you, but with the RWG forum has infected me with the mod/franken bug :fool:

Therefore I would like to gather the most parts I can to franken it. This is my first time doing this, so I'm pretty excited. I love this watch so much that I'm obsessed with it and can't be apart from it too long, hence me posting this thread :)

Oh I know that feeling, if you have a gen dial and crystal already then it's worth getting someone put it together for you. May want to think about a hands relime to match gen dial?

As for modders, well my experience is; there's always a wait.

Sent my 5513 to domi back in august and the wait has gone from killing me, to indifference, to excitement, back to a slow painful ache! It's the worst part of the mid process. I wish I'd done it myself, but I know id mess it up!

Edited by matt2302

You may consider contacting "DarthAlex" over on RWI for an excellent job and quick turn-around (if he's not already swamped".)

And have him relume the hands to match the gen dial lume.

Crown/tube is a go....gonna be a bit longer on a gen 93250 clasp.

The clasps he sent me were the 78790A and 78390...both for 20mm oysters but both for Exp.II and GMT II. (daytona)

Hello,

yes, nice watch but what I don´t understand is why to put a 16800 insert on it.....gen is nice, but please the correct insert to the correct watch :D otherwise your "franken" is a "fantasy"

I bought this watch with this insert. So, is it not correct for the 16610? I've seen some on the gen forums with this insert though. :confused:

Sneed12 : I've checked out your build. Looks great! You'll get a PM soon :)