When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gilt Group - Great price great fashion

callmejoe

Hello,

Just wanted to see if everyone knew about gilt group. If you don't, type it into google and join. It is a great place to find top designer clothes at an affordable price. The shoes are usually less than half price and everything else is 50-70% off. Their pricing is absolutely fantastic and they have new sales starting each week. If you have not been there I would definitely check it out. Also if anyone has ordered from there I would like to know how it went and if there were any great deals / snags! My friend recently got a pair of $200 Marc Jacob jeans for $35, now thats impressive. So let me know what you think, also please share any other great websites that you know of where you like to get clothes.

*In no way am I affiliated with gilt group, I just think it's an awesome website*

I buy stuff from gilt every now and then... sites like that are aggravating because you need to be so quick to add items to your cart and reasonably sized stuff sells out quick. Also, their return policy means if something doesn't fit you can only return for store credit. I also am not a fan of them now constantly pushing their regular retail site, Park & Bond, which seems positioned to try to compete with the likes of Mr. Porter and is disgustingly expensive. Do go there to check out their marked up vintage watches though!

For similar sites, also check out Fab.com, HauteLook, RueLaLa, and Century21. They all offer a similar experience and its worth it to keep an eye on them. Gilt has the best selection by far though and also has interesting options with their Taste and JetSetter sites.

If you're looking for affordable fashion, and I've mentioned this before, keep an eye on Dappered.com and participate in their forums. The stores he focuses on are not exactly the calibre of what Gilt mostly covers - its more Old Navy/Gap/Banana Republic, Lands End Canvas, Macys, J. Crew, Express, Zara, H&M, etc... - but its a good guide to learn when those sites have deep discount sales and he hand picks a lot of select items which usually have a timeless design and good quality/price ratio. The guys on the forum often get into some of the higher-end stuff like Allen Edmunds and such.

Also, if you're in the US, Nordstrom has an outlet called the Rack and Neiman Marcus has Last Call. Last Call is great for shoes and the Rack is great for shoes as well as a hit or miss selection of clothing I would consider wearing. Last Call is also good for some suits (Hickey Freeman is pretty common on their site) and I've found a big selection of suits at my local Rack (deeply discounted suits from CK, Ben Sherman, Burberry, etc...) and they provide an on-site tailor.