When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Quick Rant....

82KUBA

So last night I was dragged to the Mall by my Girlfriend. Once we got there I managed to [censored] her off on purpose and ran to ADs. This mall Has 3 major ADs. I had my new H Pam 005 on but i kept it under my jacket and did some window shopping/drooling.

I entered the last AD and they had a Milgauss black dail !!! I just received this exact rep. about 2 weeks ago Since this AD didnt sell Pams I said what the hell let me try on the Gen Milli. Man!!! the rep of this watch is so good its scary. The biggest tell is the second hand but honestly if you didnt have the Gen side by side or know that the paint should be dipped and the cuts on the lightning bolt should sharper you wouldnt know it was a rep. The look on the wrist and feel were the same. Makes me wonder Why my watch was $300 and this one is $7000? I started a convo with the sales rep. after he noticed my Pam, This guy didnt know ANYTHING about his products. I was schooling him. Yea i know that we're all geeks that know way to much about our watches and the average Gen owner doesnt know half the stuff we know since He/She isnt trying to figure out wha'ts wrong with their watch, but dude you should know that the new Rolex bezel is ceramic...

I've owned Countless watches since finding RWG in 2006/07. But I don't keep too many watches on hand. At the moment i only have 3 reps (a modded 3717 that i've had since 07, the new H Pam 005 and the new Milgauss) I use them for awhile, take really good care of them , wait till the next best thing that gets my attention comes out then sell it to fund a the new one. Im glad that RWG and our dealers give us a way to enjoy these beautiful timepieces without having to be a millionair. I dont think i would ever spend 5k+ on a watch that I know I may get bored with quickly once something cooler comes out,or that i can get an exact copy for less than 10% of the gen price.

I guess my point of this rant is to thank all you nerds out there for saving me tons of Cash that I would have spent if i didnt know any better. Also with the quality of these new reps coming out is a gen really worth it ?? My $200 Pam005 is almost perfect compaired to the $5k+ Gen.

82kuba

Golden moment :

I text my GF and told her where I was In the mall cause she was done shopping. She walks in as the sales rep is putting the Milgauss back in the case and she blurts out " Hey don't you have that watch already??" ... I turned red , thanked the guy and walked out lol

haha good jmb! that would have been a great moment if she said that. but yes the milgauss rep is a big underdog in our community. But if you realy put them next to each other, you wont tell the difference except the orange lume. its slightly lighter on the gen. but yes 7k does not justify the milgauss at ALL. Which mall in NJ did you go to?

@cuba

Btw ur right the milgauss is def. an underdog

I've had a WM9 sub , a BK TW best and a SSD v1 and v2

This is by far the best out the box Rollie I've held

sorry for the noob question, but are there multiple versions of the milgauss or is the standard cartel "1:1 replication" version the only real contender in terms of quality?

also (given i'm really feeling lazy -- i know i could probably find this info with a thorough search), has anyone done a comparison of the rep green sapphire to the genuine?

thanks in advance,

deltatahoe

I couldn't agree more and I'll second that on the PAMs...I had a gen 318-brooklyn/005, and whole ass-load of other gen PAMs to boot and I sold it immediately after getting the H factory 005 on my wrist and doing a side-by-side....

Some reps won't get to the gen standard nor will they duplicate the feel and look of the solid gold rollies...but for now, this place has been a godsend.

Thanks for the post!